Options

First time with Tauck

Have traveled a good bit independently with friends through Europe. First time solo so chose a small group. Any other solos on April 17 tour? Looking forward to this new phase of travel !

Comments

• Options

You will love traveling with Tauck and after your first tour, you will probably wonder why you waited so long. And, in my opinion, the small group land tours offer a much more intimate and immersive experience. Have a wonderful trip and please consider writing a review of your experiences afterwards. Although I saw very little of it (I was there independently after a business trip), Croatia is beautiful. Enjoy!

• Options

You would probably enjoy a Tauck River Cruise. Unfortunately, so are a lot of other folk. They are very popular. I have been on four and a fifth this Oct. We will do again.

• Options

Adriatic Treasures is a wonderful tour. (Tied for #2 on my list of 15 Tauck tours.). I, too, was a solo on that tour. I really enjoyed seeing the different areas of the Balkans that have such different feels, and fell in love with Slovenia. You'll love this trip!

• Options

MCD thanks for the feedback! What was your favorite? I’m planning to take a tour in 2025. I’ve taken one tour in my life. It was a river cruise with Viking. It was very disappointing. The Director was not there for us. Talked a lot about being under corporate pressure and not proactive. We had a lot of unhappy customers.
    I have heard nothing but positive things about Tauck.

• Options

My favorite was Grand Australia and New Zealand, that I supplemented by adding 3 days in Tasmania at the beginning and 2 days in Auckland at the end. I didn't spend the days in Auckland. I did one day trip to the Bay of Islands and one to Rotorua. Tied for #2 is Israel and Jordan.

• Options

Tauck is simply the best. Once you try Tauck - you are hooked !!! We did Adriatic Treasures last year. Exceeded our expectations. Very beautiful. Worth it to go in a day early a visit Dubrovnik walled city very near hotel. Singles never left out. Jordan & Egypt another amazing trip through history ( late November ideal ). Switzerland superb. Tanzania & Zanzibar for adventure ( September is good ). We head to Antartica next January. Check out my posted photos in Croatia forum from 2022. Best of luck.

• Options

I am going in a day early. Did you feel that Dubrovnik was a safe place to wander around alone? I’m also staying over a day at the end to explore Venice.
    I really appreciate all the positive feedback 😊

• Options

Yes, Dubrovnik was a safe place to wander around alone. I walked the walls of the Old City. When I went (2021) I had to use Croatian kunas (no credit card) to buy my ticket. They're on the euro now.

• Options

Doratexplorer - The following picture is reason enough to take the sky ride to the top of the hill in Dubrovnik and enjoy a treat.

• Options
    edited August 2023

Dortexplorer, you will love Dubrovnik. There is a really cool beach bar built into the cliffs in the city wall. It is called Buza Bar and should not be missed Zivjeli!

• Options

Croatia is generally super safe; I'm an independent female traveler and felt safe. But you do have to use common sense.

• Options

Dortexplorer - Dubrovnik is safe, Old Town is very close to the hotel, I walked there many times during my stay, there are wonderful little museums there. You can purchase the ticket to walk the Walls on line (which is what I did) and go at your leisure though I recommend early morning.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file