Options

Halong Bay 1 day excursion Nov. 30, 2023

2»

Comments

• Options

Tauck doesn’t give you a choice of pre or post tours to Halong Bay. My entire point is, that to see Halong Bay like the photos above, you really need to take an overnight trip, I also saw everything pictured above on my overnight tour. If people want to see Halong Bay, then they can arrange to get there a couple of days early so you can see it properly, not just two or three hours on a rushed day trip before a welcome dinner. That would be my suggestion.

• Options

The point several of us have been making, British, is that it would help the travelers if Tauck offered a pre-tour excursion to Ha Long Bay, rather than forcing everyone to make those arrangements on their own.

To reiterate a couple of points I made earlier - pre-tour excursions are arranged long in advance, usually at the same time you sign up for the tour, so Tauck will have good information about how many people want to take the Ha Long Bay tour. This should allow them to make arrangements for hotel rooms, a guide, a proper size boat, etc. well in advance. And this should allow them to make a profit on the excursion.

Tauck has the expertise and bargaining power to make arrangements for such an excursion. Much better than each traveler attempting to find out what is available and setting up the trip.

Finally, most travelers on a Tauck tour do not use this forum so information available here is not useful to them.

• Options
    milmil
    edited August 2023

I did all the arrangement's when I went on this tour and still do the same for all my pre and post excursion when traveling with Tauck or on my own. I understand the age factor and ability to use the internet to search, but if you don't try, you'll never know what's out there and have the opportunity to custom made your own excursion as you wish.
    I go on Vac. every year and I always visit different places, so I try to see and do as much as possible. - To try to know city layouts for safety reasons and to save time, I look for things to do, ways of transportation and daily tours and tour companies that can provide it , with hotel pick up & drop off- (single female traveler)
    Also, I contact the hotels directly, they will setup everything, I just tell I'm with the TAUCK group arriving on (Tour Day) or traveling on my own and they will do it for you.

Here are some helpful web sites.:

-TripAdvisor
    -Fodor's
    -Expidia
    -Forbes
    -any Visi(country). com
    -Viator
    -Getyourguide
    -Wanderlog
    -skyscanner.com
    -Audley travel (has excellent information)
    -thisrareearth
    -Expoza on Youtube - great info videos.
    -bucketlisttravel.

I have more- but those are my own personal jewels. - I don't share them. :)

Hope this helps someone. :)

For Vietnam: Vivutravel.com

• Options

Great photos! Thanks.

• Options

Lovely photos! Another question, if we have a free day in Hanoi, before the Tauck tour starts, does anyone have any sightseeing suggestions?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file