Options

The Leela Palace Hotel in New Delhi India. Nights 1 & 2 of Tour

The only "city hotel" on the tour was the Leela Palace in the diplomatic area of New Delhi. This hotel was lovely. Also it was open and fully staffed when I checked in at 4 am in the morning. I found the morning "Not Vegetarian" breakfast buffet to be the best on the tour featuring Indian, Chinese and American sections. As with all hotels on the tour, there are two restaurants for dinner, a Indian Speciality restaurant and a Western/Indian Restaurant. The only negative (a minor one) is that there are no shops or restaurants located near the hotel.
New Delhi, India Leela Palace: https://youtu.be/XFqg5zopw_U

Comments

• Options

imalemon5_ I really enjoyed the Leela Palace. The level of service was extraordinary and I smile every time I glance at the beautiful elephant in the wooden box we received as a welcome gift.

When I was there, I walked to The Spice Route Restaurant (which is located in The Imperial Hotel) for dinner one evening. It was safe and quick walk. I also hired a taxi for a short ride to the Indian Accent Restaurant. Now, granted, I knew I wanted to dine at these restaurants prior to arriving in New Dehli - I was on a mission. I don't think either would have been recommended by the staff if I had just asked for a restaurant in the vicinity of the hotel.

• Options

We too went to The Spice Route for a fantastic meal and fascinating decor and ambiance. We also went to Bukhara in the ITC Hotel for incredible tandoori and unique naan.

• Options

NancyCohen I'm so excited the Northern India-Nepal tour starting hotel is The Imperial Palace - I can't wait to dine at the Spice Route again.

• Options

We ate in the garden room - very special!! Don’t forget to make a reservation!!

• Options

Great information on the Leela. We are arriving a few days early and look forward to taking advantage of the amenities.

• Options

It's a lovely hotel and it has a very nice gift shop. We went to dinner at the Spice Route restaurant and it was wonderful recommended by our tour guide.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file