Options

Tours beyond March 2024

As of now Tauck has canceled tours through March 5th.Any input from people who have signed up for tours after this date if Tauck plans to go through with the trips.We are signed up for May; not paid the full trip fare but had to pay full air fare.As I understand if we cancel we have a penalty of $500 per person for the air.On the fence about the trip regardless of the penalty.

Comments

• Options

Are there even many flights actually going to Israel right now?
    I’m usually more optimistic about any tours apart from when Covid was rampant. Not this time Having been to Israel last March, knowing a bit more about how it all is, I would delay any trip there for at least a year after the war is definitely over. There is no sign of that right now.
    I would go to the Arabian countries now.

• Options

Booked the flights a week before the war and paid in full according to the new Tauck policy!

• Options

Anyone else in the same dilemma?Waiting for the war to be over but the news is not favorable.Our final payment not due till March.Wait till Tauck updates again about the tours or book another tour taking the air penalty?

• Options

Are you sure there’s is a penalty, doesn’t the insurance cover that?

• Options

Tauck says it is the airline policy;All other funds will be transferred to another tour as I understand.Credit card does not cover it either.At this point I am hoping Tauck will make the right decision and cancel.Ia: sure I am not the only one facing this predicament!

• Options

Only you can make the decision. If it was me, I would cancel now before other tours book up.
    We lost about $700 canceling a part flight when we couldn’t get to an African tour during early Covid times. Tauck advised us to book it ourselves and it could not be changed. Wrote it off as a learning situation.
    When Tauck canceled one of our tours pre Covid, they gave us the amount it cost to change to another flight, so I suppose we are quits.
    You will lose your insurance if you cancel, if Tauck cancels, they should credit you which is the other decision to ponder.

• Options

Thanks British.Tauck’s new policy of paying full airfare at the time of booking instead of 60 days before the tour has caused this additional loss if we cancel.I am jus5 waiting for the next update; the last one was 11/16 cancelling tours thru 3/5.We have other plans for summer and late fall,so the next Tauck tour may not be till the following year.

• Options

Such a shame no one else here is interested in your dilemma.

• Options

My guess is that the Spring tours will be cancelled soon.

• Options

I am hoping for the same Lotusgirl;It does not feel right to go on vacation to a place / region that is experiencing such a human toll in so many ways.

• Options

British how could you possibly recommend that someone go to the Arabian countries now and not go to Israel. The Arabian countries as you call them hate Americans just as must as they hate Jews and Israelis. They are chanting "death to America and Death to Israel~in the same breath. I have been to Israel over thirty (30) times. I don't know how you "know" having been there once last March? Delay for at least a year until the war is over? I'd like to know where you are gathering your information? The New York Times? CNN? Other antisemitic sources? Before you give advice on a topic you clearly know nothing about think twice.

• Options

Jill, considering you are someone who lives within minutes of me, I’m so sad you are being so downright nasty to me. I never ‘recommended’ that anyone go to Arabia, I said ‘I’ would go. Of course, that was back in early December but things are escalating.
    Hate Americans, hate Jews, those are strong words. I’ve heard people say in my country of birth, that they don’t ’like ‘ Americans, mostly because they say they are loud and entitled. I defend that. I’ve never heard that said about Jews. It is not of any interest to me to even ask people I know what religion they are, it is usually them who tell me outright, what their religion is. I know a couple who is going to Israel this week to visit parents, I was out with some of my many Jewish friends last night. I would not have known any of all these friends were Jewish if they had not told me over the years, it’s just not relevant to me, but that is of course just my view.
    It’s taken you 20 days to even think about making comment to sudhamili, and you haven’t, you are more interested in commenting to me who was only trying to help.

• Options

British~I apologize if you believe I've been nasty to you. I don't believe that this is the forum to discuss this. Your comments may have been travel related however they are not based on facts. I do not spend much time on the forum. However when I do and I see comments that are deeply disturbing I respond. Hence the time between your post and my response. I agree, hate Americans, hate Jews are very strong words. You should feel blessed that you've never had to hear chanting "death to America~death to Jews." I am happy that you've never had to witness the desecration of the American and Israeli flags. You should feel blessed that you've never had to experience either. I can assure you that if you go to any of the "Arabian" countries you will NOT be welcomed with opened arms. In addition, the war didn't begin to escalate in early December. Escalation began on October 7 the day Hamas committed this atrocious heinous acts. If you aren't aware of how this all began I would love to live in your bubble. Actually if you doubt my very strong words~go to Gaza and see just how welcomed you are.

• Options

Sudhamali...if this is your first and likely only trip to Israel, I would recommend postponing until things quiet down, even if Tauck doesn't cancel the tour.

As someone who spent a year studying abroad in Jerusalem, and has been back more recently, I can honestly say it's a magical place. To go when conditions are less than ideal would not be as pleasurable. I wouldn't worry about safety, because it is my understanding that security is taken very seriously.

My son was in Israel in 2006 on a student tour when war broke out with Lebanon. I was beside myself. His group was immediately brought to secure locations. While he was safe, the trip was very compromised.

The country is in a state of emergency and mourning. Life goes on, people are still travelling to see relatives, but some historic places are closed. My nephew is continuing his studies in Jerusalem with no plans to come home to the US. It is a "new normal" for residents, but I doubt it would feel comfortable for a first time visitor.

• Options

Thanks SGF!We do not feel right to go now when there is so much human suffering.I was hoping to get how others who have booked in late March and April are dealing with this situation.Not so much worried about our safety but concerned about the people there .

• Options

AlanS Agree with you.That was not my intention either.

• Options

Hate to begin the New Year with this, but I'm hearing from the pundits the sad prediction that this conflict is expected to continue throughout 2024.

• Options

I just looked and Tauck have still not said tours are canceled after March 5th which purely from the Tauck travelers with bookings there, leaves them in limbo for even longer. I realize this is minor compared to the terrible situation, but clearly it’s not going to be a quick fix even if the war were to end right now. I hope Tauck update soon.

• Options

Sudhamali, I am sorry for your situation. Having been in Tel Aviv on October 7 with one of the Tauck Tours, I do feel confident that their team would never put their clients in a dangerous situation based on all of the facts.

Today there were two quotes from Israel regarding 2024:
    Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Saturday that Israel’s war in Gaza is at its “highest level and will continue for months,” according to Israel’s Army Radio. In a briefing on Sunday, IDF spokesman Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari said the return of the reservists was aimed at ensuring “planning and preparation for the continuation of 2024… understanding that we will be required for additional tasks and warfare throughout this year.” The objectives of the war “require prolonged fighting."

I don't recall you indicating what airline you are booked on, but I would recommend you follow closely any airline Mid-East waivers. United issued one right after October 7 for flights through November. Based on how well Tauck treated those of us on our tour, I would hope they will work with you by changing your airfare to another or later trip. I wish you, and all of our fellow Tauck travelers a Happy, Healthy and Safe 2024.

• Options

Taxare Thanks! I am also hoping that Tauck will do right by its customers.I booked air thruTauxk on American.So I d think contacting American will do any good.Will just wait for Tauck’snext update.

• Options

I was scheduled for this tour departure March 21. I received an email tonight from Tauck stating they are canceling all Israel / Jordan tours through May 2024. They offer several options, including transferring to a fall 2024 Israel / Jordan trip (I don't see that happening). I am not sure I would even be comfortable moving my deposit to a year from now. I had already booked several other trips this spring with Tauck as a back-up to this.

• Options

Yes I received the email of cancellation of tours through May.Difficult to forecast the future in this region.I am glad Tauck cancelled with enough time for us to consider options.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file