Options

Clothing needed

Going on Jan 2024 Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand trip.
Recommendation for woman’s clothing for day & night

Comments

• Options

I traveled there in February a few years back, and it was hot and humid. I took some lightweight skirts and slacks, and layered tops.

• Options

It was hot and humid when we went at that time.

• Options

As a general rule Hanoi is much cooler than all of the other places. Keep that in mind when packing.

• Options

We'll be taking the trip in January. Do I need to take a nice dress or a sports coat for my husband?

• Options

I’m sure your husband would look lovely in a dress, 😀. it’s very hot at the time of year, so I doubt a jacket would be worn anyway. My husband did not tske a jacket to Vietnam. He never takes a jacket. Having more changes of clothes is more important, especially in the humid weather than filling up a suitcase with a jacket.

• Options

Loose fitting clothes that do not cling to you. Preferably made from cotton or linen.

• Options

I have no experience with linen, but I try to avoid cotton in hot/humid climates as it dries so slowly. I prefer "technical" fabrics as they dry quickly.

• Options

We went end of January into February. Hanoi was in the 40s - low 50s and cloudy/ rainy. Dress appropriately. The rest of the trip it is hot and humid. Loose, cool clothes. There are shops in Vietnam that sell loose fitting wide leg silk pants. A couple of us bought them, and wore them for most of the trip - it was hot! You will want some elegant simple clothes for the evening. The hotels are spectacular.

• Options

All you need is black pajamas and a straw hat. (;-)

• Options

All you need is black pajamas and a straw hat. (;-)

I'm going to try that! I'll be there early next year.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file