Nov 4, 2024 Ha Long Bay day tour

My husband and I are traveling on the November 4, 2024 departure of Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand. We arrive late on November 3rd. We have arranged a day trip to Ha Long Bay through the concierge at our hotel with a 10am pickup. The tour is typically back a the hotel by 630, but because it will be a private tour, we can arrange to be back by 530 in time for our welcome dinner. If there is anyone else traveling on the tour that is interested in joining us, please message me. I can adjust the reservation by contacting the concierge. I’ll attach the information the concierge sent me.

Comments

• edited September 17

We did that same tour of Ha Long Bay earlier this year. You can see what we did at https://www.mikeandjudytravel.com/2024-1Vietnam-01.htm#HaLongBay. We're older so there were some things we didn't do that they offered on the day tour, such as kayaking.

Oh, take the standard boat. It looked to me that they were all the same, anyhow. And the standard boat was very nice. And if you get a choice, our guide, Hung Nguyen, was very good.

I would recommend leaving the hotel earlier than 10am. It's a long ride to Ha Long Bay (and back). We started a bit before 8am. 7 or 7:30am might even be better.

And if you want to see a preview of the whole Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand trip, go to https://www.mikeandjudytravel.com/2024-1Vietnam-01.htm

• Your blog was very helpful. Thank you. That's where I got the idea to just email the hotel concierge and let them work out the details. They were very helpful.

We did ask about leaving earlier, but were told the 10am departure is because of the scheduled cruise time. Maybe someone else has already booked an earlier cruise with the company. As we don't get in until after 11pm, we went back and forth about trying to do the day tour at all, but everyone we've talk to said you have to try to go.

• I did a private tour so we had more choices. You may be on one of the big boats with other people, some who may be Vietnamese.

• Ours is private too. Right now, it’s just my husband and I.

• edited September 17

You might push back if you want to go earlier. The tour company wanted to meet us at 7am, but we had set up a departure for 8am. Leaving earlier will give you more time at Ha Long Bay.

If you're like me, I always wake up very early on the first morning of a tour.

• Thanks to all for the tips regarding Ha Long Bay. I am arriving a couple of days early in Hanoi for the January 3, 2025 tour departure and have decided to book a full day Ha Long Bay tour leaving at 7a from the hotel, as it is my understanding that it takes awhile to get to the boats. I just didn't want to go all the way to Vietnam and not experience this beautiful area that is not part of the Tauck Tour.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file