Options

DANUBE RIVER CRUISE GUIDE

Comments

• Options
    Yikes is this spam? I thought it was against Tauck Forum rules to give email addresses
  • Options
    a friend and I are taking the July 4 eastbound - perhaps you would be so kind as to send us a copy of your document? rhroncich@sbcglobal.net
  • Options
    I am on an East Bound cruise in Oct. 2014 I would will be staying in Prague an extra day; so I would like info on things to see in Prague and the info on the cruise.
    Thanks
  • Options
    SHARHARR wrote:
    Hello:
    I've just sent a mass email to at least 10-12 people who posted a request. I hope that they all went through. If you had asked for one (I'm posted as SHARHARR) and didn't receive it, contact me at sharonhar@aol.com and I'll send it along to you. Safe travels...it's a great trip.
    Sharon
  • Options
    SHARHARR wrote:
    Hello:
    I've just sent a mass email to at least 10-12 people who posted a request. I hope that they all went through. If you had asked for one (I'm posted as SHARHARR) and didn't receive it, contact me at sharonhar@aol.com and I'll send it along to you. Safe travels...it's a great trip.
    Sharon

we will be flying to prague two days before joinging the cruise. can you also email me the information that you sent last year. my email is "rgleckman@gmail.com" thank you
  • Options
    We will be on the westbound river cruise in October arriving in Budapest and staying there for 2 days prior to boarding on the 23rd. Would you please recommend interesting sites to visit that we will not be seeing with Tauck? eeda99
  • Options
    Sharharr, Could you please send me your Prague and Danube cruise information. We are on the Danube cruise westbound from Budapest to Prague leaving July 31st. My e-mail is rekelee@yahoo.com. Thanks very much!
  • Options
    Sharharr, Could you please send me your Prague and Danube cruise information. We are on the Danube cruise westbound from Budapest to Prague leaving July 31st. My e-mail is rekelee@yahoo.com. Thanks very much!
  • Options
    Phyllis & Larry here.
    Just registered for the forum. Going Prague to Budapest July 31. Going to Prague a day early. Would love some tips and realistic guide on the weather. We have travelled with Tauck MANY times but this is first river cruise. Likes and dislikes? Tips? Anyone going on this one on these dates ( July 30-Aug 12)? Would love some feedback email is phylfut@gmail.com
  • Options
    Trying to find out more about the Prage/to Budapest Blue Danube dress, weather to expect, other helpful hints. Would appreciate any info
  • Options
    Sharon: On the prague trip did you have to make advance reservations for the Slazburg day trip?

Barry
  • Options
    t9 all: dress is casual and nice casual. to wear out to dinner. Don't need dressy clothes
  • Options
    Rosner wrote:
    Sharon: On the prague trip did you have to make advance reservations for the Slazburg day trip?

Barry

We haven't made advance reservations on anything. don't really need to do it with Tauck. They give you notice when you meet up on the trip and ask for signups on things that need advance reservations. But best to call tauck directly
  • Options
    Roger W On which boat will you be sailing.
  • Options
    Sharon - I just emailed you a request for your Prague-Budapest Blue Danube cruise info. Thanks for all the help you're providing everyone for this cruise.

Joe Spells
  • Options
    SHARHARR wrote:
    Hello:
    Sharon
    Could you please send me your information on the Danube cruise? Thank you. pcfisher@bellsouth.net
  • Options
    Hello Sharharr, i will also appreciate your Prague Budapest insight. Valanfranco@ cox.net. Is my mail. I'm taking my mom for her 75th B Day in October. Very excited!
  • Options
    We will be on the eastbound Prague to Budapest cruise starting July 1, 2015. We would also appreciate any info you can send us. Than ks.

pmancuso@hvc.rr.com

Pauline and Peter Mancuso
    Kingston, NY
  • Options
    SHARHARR wrote:
    Hello:
    Sharon

Sharon, we are cruising in September from Prague to Budapest with extra time in Prague, Budapest and Vienna. I would love it if you would be willing to share your guide with us. My email is applemc55@yahoo.com. Thank you!
  • Options
    Could you email me a copy of the Prague Budapest travel guide as well: lee@shobefamily.com. Thank you departing 9/18
  • Options
    Good evening. Thanks for your generous offer. If possible, please send info to pinetree55@comcast.net. We leave next week for the 9/25 westbound trip.
  • Options
    Jacksonn, my wife Vicki & I are also on the westbound trip next week. It's frenzy packing time now, of course. I'm still trying to decide what to do about the jacket - do I or don't I? See you soon.
  • Options
    Hi, thanks for your offer of sharing the guide. I am kathy.lee2@att.net
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Could you also send this information to nayls13@optonline.net? We will be on the Sept 30 cruise. Kevin and Donna
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Would you please send your information to bauerbac@sbcglobal.net. My wife and I and two friends will be on the Sept 9, 2015 River Cruise. Thank you very much.
  • Options
    Speaking of spam ...
    This thread has been going on for a very long time. Is anyone able to verify the current bona fides of this? Or is it now an email phishing opportunity? (I do realise it didn't start out that way.) I notice many posters are first timers.
  • Options
    Hello Everyone:

I have just been alerted to the question of whether my 2012 Danube journal is actually spam. I am a working journalist who knows how to write precise information that is literate and reader-friendly so I can't imagine why it would even be questioned. It is all factually based.

I have sent it to more than 100 people in two years, and have heard back from many when they returned. They contacted me directly, which was part of my original posted invitation to receive it. I have also recommended specific private tour guides in both Budapest and Prague and would be happy to supply that information.

As a Tauck veteran traveler, I will be soon taking my 11th Tauck trip. My most recent have been the Brussels to Holland (2013) and Rendezvous on the Seine (2014) river cruises that followed my 2012 Danube cruise. I believe I know something about Tauck river cruises and am happy to share it.

So, to the dozens of people I didn't get to send this to, my apologies. I'd be happy to send a mass message to those taking trips in 2015. My email is listed in my posts, but I will collect all your addresses from your posts and forward it to you.

Thank you.
    Sharon

• Options
    Good to hear from you, Sharon. And very good of you to offer to share your experiences.

I certainly wasn't questioning your professional abilities. I had, until your post above, no idea what you do in your professional life. As I said in my post, I was wondering ... in the light of a another spate of spam ... if anyone had any recent feedback on the Cruise Guide. I was wondering if some people were posting their private contact details in a public forum without fully understanding the implications.

Cheers,

Jan
  • Options
    Jan is not alone. Every time I see this thread where people are posting their personal email on a number one post it also seems really creepy to me. Tauck does stress in it's guidelines not to post personal details like addresses and phone numbers but it does not mention emails. It also stresses begging to agree to disagree on people's opinions and recommendations but not everyone understands that either. Sharon, thank you for coming back and clarifying things. I do wish Tauck would re-establish the site feature when you get an email alert when someone replies to a posting one has written, it would really be very useful, so many inquiries go unanswered because the majority of people use this forum for a very short timespan.
  • Options
    Hi all. Thanks for your responses. Jan, I appreciate your comments. I didn't realize Tauck stopped doing the alerts. I never bothered looking again because I was receiving emails with requests. So, I will look every so often and collect addresses for a mass email. If I write a journal for either Holland or French cruises, I will post that info also.
    The Danube trip is easily the best of the three.
    Sharon

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file