Options

DANUBE RIVER CRUISE GUIDE

13»

Comments

• Options
    Hi Sharon,
    I would appreciate it if you would send me your guide. We are on the Aug 26th, Prague to Budapest on the MS Savor. My e-mail is elainehorowitz@gmail.com.
    Thanks
    Elaine
  • Options
    We are doing the westbound Blue Danube on April 27. We are getting into Budapest 2 days early and leaving Prague 2 days after the cruise. Anyone have any experiences in either city. Anybody on our cruise? It's our 1st Tauck experience. David and Joy. Thefurlady@gmail.com
  • Options
    At least to us, Budapest is one of Europe's most beautiful cities and is well worth the extra time you plan to stay there. We first toured there on Tauck's Warsaw to Prague tour. You might look at the itinerary for it to get ideas about extra places to see. By all means, visit the beautiful Dohany Synagogue. In addition to seeing it, behind it is a metal weeping willow whose leaves memorialize the 600,000 Hungarian Jews killed by the Nazis during WWII. It was partially funded by actor Tony Curtis. Another must see is magnificent St. Stephen's Cathedral. Additionally, visit the huge Central Market Place at the end of the Vata Utca. Be sure to buy some Hungarian paprika there to take home. Also, visit a state operated Herend porcelain shop. The concierge at your hotel can give you directions. Even if you're not interested in purchasing any of the gorgeous items, you really ought to see them. While in Budapest, be sure to eat at a restaurant serving Hungarian goulash for one of your meals. Also, visit the very, very famous pastry shop. I'm having a senior moment and can't think of its name, but I'm pretty sure it starts with a B. It's probably overpriced, but what the heck--you may not have the opportunity to go there again. If your hotel room overlooks the Danube, don't close your drapes at night. Otherwise, if you get up during the night, you'll miss the beauty awaiting you outside your windows!
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the info. Much appreciated.
  • Options
    Sharon: We are going on this cruise in June 2015. If you still have copies of your guide I would love a copy. Thanks. email:abreslow@breslowlaborlaws.com
  • Options
    At least to us, Budapest is one of Europe's most beautiful cities and is well worth the extra time you plan to stay there. We first toured there on Tauck's Warsaw to Prague tour. You might look at the itinerary for it to get ideas about extra places to see. By all means, visit the beautiful Dohany Synagogue. In addition to seeing it, behind it is a metal weeping willow whose leaves memorialize the 600,000 Hungarian Jews killed by the Nazis during WWII. It was partially funded by actor Tony Curtis. Another must see is magnificent St. Stephen's Cathedral. Additionally, visit the huge Central Market Place at the end of the Vata Utca. Be sure to buy some Hungarian paprika there to take home. Also, visit a state operated Herend porcelain shop. The concierge at your hotel can give you directions. Even if you're not interested in purchasing any of the gorgeous items, you really ought to see them. While in Budapest, be sure to eat at a restaurant serving Hungarian goulash for one of your meals. Also, visit the very, very famous pastry shop. I'm having a senior moment and can't think of its name, but I'm pretty sure it starts with a B. It's probably overpriced, but what the heck--you may not have the opportunity to go there again. If your hotel room overlooks the Danube, don't close your drapes at night. Otherwise, if you get up during the night, you'll miss the beauty awaiting you outside your windows!
    is the pastry shop called Gerbeaud? I read about that one!
  • Options
    Yes, sherylm, the pastry shop is Gerbeaud. Obviously, I was wrong about the first letter. I looked it up later and discovered my error, but I failed to go back to correct it. The interior of Gerbeaud is historic as well as lovely, so do go inside even if you only look around and don't buy one of the delectable pastries.
  • Options
    Yes -- Gerbeaud is wonderful! Just don't order a mozzarella and tomato sandwich. I was looking for something light for lunch and that is what I ordered. It arrived as a plate of tomatoes and mozzarella -- with a side basket of rolls! Made for another fun travel memory!
  • Options
    Hi Sharon,
    I would appreciate it if you would send me your guide, that I have seen mentioned in so many posts. We are on the Aug 7th cruise on the MS Savor. This is our first Tauck tour. Any information on Prague, Germany and Budapest would be greatly appreciated. Also any helpful information about the Tauck cruise would be very helpful for us first timers. Thank you in advance. My e-mail is barbore@verion.net.

Thanks
    Bonni
  • Options
    Hi Sharon
    Could I also get a copy? We want to book this river cruise for 2017, so I am planning way far ahead. But I understand that the river cruises book up really quickly. Does anyone have any thought on the Blue Danube cruise versus the Musical magic Danube cruise? My email is nancygoble@icloud.com
    Many thanks,
    Nancy
  • Options
    Hi Sharon: Please email me this guide at donya216@aol.com. Greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    Hello Sharon,

We (Gerry and Judi) will be on the Sept 10, 2015 (Budapest to Prague) Blue Danube - Musical Magic Cruise. Would you please email a copy of your Danube River Cruise Guide. (gerrygoodale@aol.com) We'll be arriving in Budapest 3 days early.

Since this is our first river cruise, the comments on this Forum make your Guide sound quite useful. Also, this is my first 'post' on this forum, so I hope I've done it correctly and this msg reaches you.

If other readers on the same cruise would like to get in touch, we'd love to hear from you (email above).

Gerry
  • Options
    Hi Sharon

Please send me a copy of your guide. First timer Prague to Budapest Oct 2016. Thanks you very much. surmy555@yahoo.com

Dave
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Dave & Sharon,

My wife and I (from Michigan) will be on the Sep. 23rd Eastbound cruise from Prague to Budapest and would appreciate receiving the guide previously mentioned. In addition, we would love to be contacted and say hello to other travelers on our same cruise beforehand. Please, don't be shy. Rwaldorf@comcast.net
    Richard & Alana
  • Options
    I would appreciate receiving the Danube Guide as well - thanks!
  • Options
    Mainah wrote:
    I would appreciate receiving the Danube Guide as well - thanks!

Sharon mentions way back that she rarely looks at this forum anymore. She posted her email address a long time ago, it is sharonhar@aol.com I would contact her that way and maybe suggest she puts a link on this forum because requests are constant.
  • Options
    Hi, I have just booked the Blue Danube Eastbound for next year and we are so excited.

I would love to receive a copy of the Danube Guide.

please let me know if I need to do anything to get a copy.

thanks so much

Susan
  • Options
    You need to email her, I have not seen any of her posts for awhile ,that's why I put the email here,

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file