Options

Budapest August 11, 2016 - Arriving early

Hi, back again. Not sure how many people actually view this forum, but I do know that a few do. As such, we are just wandering who might be arriving into Budapest early and staying at the Kempinski Corvinus? We will arrive Saturday August 6th, JFK-AMS-BUD, arriving around 10:30.

After much research we have pretty well condensed a fairly compact set of things to see and do over the days preceding us actually going on board. This includes a number of reservations at local restaurants on both sides of the Danube, Buda and Pest, including a variety of local dishes and Gypsy music to a Michelin one star. Walking Tours, in particular the Castle District, and a River Cruise to Szentendre.

Anybody have any plans or suggestions?

Joe and Pat

Comments

• Options

I Just saw your comments, and we are going on the blue danube in June 2024 and would love to know some of the places you ate on both sides of the Danube. You sound like very organized and experienced travelers and I would love to hear your thoughts. thank you

• Options
    edited January 27

this post is from 2016. I'd do a search at the top of this page, in the top right corner -- you will find more recent discussions. Or better yet, start your own discussion. This one being 8 years old, I'm sure much has changed.

• Options

Not only that, but if you look at Jensen’s profile, they have not looked at the forum since 2018.

• Options

My wife and I did the Blue Danube Cruise in October and had a great time on it. This was our 7th Tauck tour / cruise. We stayed an extra day at Budapest, on the end of our tour, and did an inside tour of Parliament (which Tauck only tours from the outside) and also went to the House of Terror and a few other local places (shopping for the wife mainly). It all depends what you like to see most (historical places, food, entertainment, etc.) before I could provide you with recommendations. I do strongly recommend getting tickets (get them ahead of time through the Concierge at the hotel) and see it. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

• Options

Or take the land tour which includes Budapest and the inside of the Parliament building.

• Options

I was on the Blue Danube driver cruise (Prague to Budapest) in October 2023. I added extra days at both ends and added the following tours in Budapest:
    Tour of Parliament / buy tickets in advance
    Food walking tour (mailto:tiberiustours@gmail.com)
    Strudel workshop-Flavors of Budapest
    http://www.cookinghungary.com
    Jewish heritage plus sites in Budapest not covered by TAUCK. Andrea G. at ToursByLocals <guide_1071-101@toursbylocals.com

It was a fantastic trip!! So much to see!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file