laundry service

My wife and I will be on the July 30 Rhine & Moselle cruise. Has anyone who has sailed this itinerary used the laundry service? Should you only send cloths you are willing to have ruined? How long does it take to get you cloths back. Is it full service for shirts and pants; skirts and blouses etc. or just socks and underwear?

Comments

• I did this trip last year and I did use the laundry service, but only for a couple of pairs of cotton or linen trousers. I can't remember the cost, but I thought it was quite reasonable for the service. I remember the first pair of trousers came back the same day, I think ... the next pair took a little longer. Everything else ... underwear and tops ... I took care of myself. There was a full service for all types of garments, but with a line over the shower and a good "drying" bathroom, I didn't need to send anything else out. I travel for 6/8 weeks at a time, normally, and always work on the recycle method.

Cheers,

Jan

• Thanks for the help. This our first river cruise. Any tips for a first timer?

• I used it for underpants and found it very expensive. I only travel with ones that can be washed out and hung to dry. All depends on what is important to you and how many times you can wear your clothes before feeling they must be washed.
  • emvp wrote:
    My wife and I will be on the July 30 Rhine & Moselle cruise. Has anyone who has sailed this itinerary used the laundry service? Should you only send cloths you are willing to have ruined? How long does it take to get you cloths back. Is it full service for shirts and pants; skirts and blouses etc. or just socks and underwear?

If you just wear 'cloths' I would not be concerned !?
  • British wrote:
    If you just wear 'cloths' I would not be concerned !?
    I hate the auto correct thingy, too! :)))))) And so often it's not correct, either. At least the "system" didn't make you wear sloths!
  • My wife washed some clothes in the shower, hung them on the line in the shower, turned up the heated floor, and everything dried in a reasonable length of time. I don't remember the laundry prices, but it was more then we wanted to spend given the fun and free alternative. ????
  • The last time this got asked, Tauck Tim provided a list and I copied it for my files. Then of course mislaid it. Found again today. I won't reprint the entire thing but here are a few of the most likely to be used (at least by me). The prices are Euros and DO NOT include ironing. Irons/boards are in the big suites and available for check out by the rest.

Ladies - trousers 6, blouse 6.50, dress 7-8, pullover 6

Men - trousers 8, shirt 6-7.50, cotton jacket 10, pullover 6

For our next cruise which is 13 days plus 2 extra on each end, I planning on bringing at least a few items that can be sink washed but may have to break down and have trousers done (just to big and heavy for hand washing).
  • Does Tauck publish a price list for laundry services?? It would be helpful in determining what to pack.
  • Cosmo wrote:
    Does Tauck publish a price list for laundry services?? It would be helpful in determining what to pack.

This is a two year old thread.

No, too hard to track all the different ships, hotels, and changes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file