Options

TRIP LEAVING THIS WEEKEND

Anyone from NY leaving to go on this trip , starting this SUNDAY, OCT 15?
How to pack?
Scottsdale sooo hot, and BRYCE and ZION chilly already?
JB

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2017
    We did this trip in April and it's fantastic. Unless you are going early, you won't be spending much time at all in Scottsdale. Plan on packing layers. Take a sweatshirt layer, and you'll also definitely need a warm jacket for Bryce, as well as for early morning and evenings in the other parks. We don't have humidity here out West, so the temperature drops at night can be shocking to East-coasters.
  • Options
    Hey there, my wife and I are going on this trip also, should be a blast. We have packed lots of layers because of the wide temperature swings we will experience. Looking forward to it.
    SW
  • Options
    CalKat wrote:
    We did this trip in April and it's fantastic. Unless you are going early, you won't be spending much time at all in Scottsdale. Plan on packing layers. Take a sweatshirt layer, and you'll also definitely need a warm jacket for Bryce, as well as for early morning and evenings in the other parks. We don't have humidity here out West, so the temperature drops at night can be shocking to East-coasters.

Thanks...
    But seems so crazy in ONE suitcase..
  • Options
    One suitcase is plenty for any Tauck tour if you learn what you really need, which on the Canyonlands tour is really easy, it's such a casual tour.
  • Options
    As calkat said, big temperature changes night to day in the west. And this is a very changeable time of the year. You don't need a parka. Long pants, a tshirt layer (bring long and short), a sweater or sweatshirt then some sort of wind breaker jacket to layer over the others. You can hand carry the jacket on the plane. Don't bother with dressy. God knows we don't out here.
  • Options
    SamW3 wrote:
    Hey there, my wife and I are going on this trip also, should be a blast. We have packed lots of layers because of the wide temperature swings we will experience. Looking forward to it.
    SW
    you must be good packers, I can not get all my stuff in one BAG.
    SHOES alone...
  • Options
    Zinho wrote:
    you must be good packers, I can not get all my stuff in one BAG.
    SHOES alone...

The only shoes you need are one pair of tennis shoes/walking shoes and maybe a pair of flats for evenings, just to have something else. This trip is VERY casual. When we went, I traveled in the tennis shoes and packed a pair of canvas topsiders.
  • Options
    BSP51 wrote:
    Hoping one of the regular forum posters can answer this general question. Anyone know what drives the price differences on certain trips? I can certainly understand seasonal changes in that June may be more appealing than August and therefore command a higher price.

But for this trip May 12 is $700 lower cost than May 13. And then it goes back up and down sometime in the same week.

What am I missing?

Hotel rates.
  • Options
    Alan - thanks for the quick reply. Actually I figured it out and just deleted my post. It wasn’t hotel rates. The higher cost trips are the small group ones. Thanks again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file