Options

Pre- tour activities

Hello.
I would like to get some advise from previous travelers about what activities are recommended for the 1st day of the tour since the flight is a long one.... since wondering on my own is not an option around the area.
My initial plan is to do the local market tour arrange by the hotel as I'm not sure we would have any other time to enjoy the daily life of the locals + plenty of picture opportunities, if the allow pictures.. and then in the afternoon get a massage. :)
Now I'm reading about the tree walk @ the Arusha National park, also the lake walking tour and the canoes ... So, has anyone done any of them? What was you experience ? Which would be the one you would recommend? as you have already done the tour..
Do you think is wiser just to stay at he hotel and relax since the rest of the tour has limited down time?
Please advise.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    We enjoyed the lake walk, as it was a beautiful day. The local guides were wonderful and it was nice to be outside after 18 hours of flying. It was not too strenuous and the views of Mt. Meru were beautiful. Others in our group went to the market and the nearby Jewish cemetary, and enjoyed those as well.
  • Options
    We have taken the Lake Walk and enjoyed it. Others have commented here there they did not like it. We have taken the Arusha National Park tour too and it is great, we added the two hour walk there too. We drove past the market on our way to the National Park and could easily see everything there was to see from the vehicle, lots of second hand shoes and clothing displayed on the ground etc, I’ve been to much more exciting African markets than that one, but again, some people say they enjoyed it.
    We did not pre book either of the tours before we arrived, mentioned it on arrival and were easily accommodated the next day by the front desk who actually woke us early to see if we really did want to go on the safari that morning. If you can only fit in one thing, go to the Arusha National Park because the vegetation and scenery you will see there differs very much from the rest of the tour., you also pass through the town on the way there too. You will not see any ‘locals’ unless you leave the hotel, it is not near the town. I definitely would not recommend walking around on your own.
    We arrived two days early, which is what I would recommend, see how you feel when you arrive, we do get jet lag, other less human people seem to be immune to jet lag, only you know how you are and the stamina you have. The tour of course is mostly being woken pre-dawn so if you are an early riser you will be fine, if not you might want to chill before the tour, we kinda do both, do a tour but maybe have a massage too.
  • Options
    milmil
    edited April 2018
    Thanks! both.

British it's me!... Mel0849, I had to change my acct.
    Thanks for the info. Yes!, I make myself one of those less humans :))) that don't suffer from Jetlag.
    The only time I suffer Jetlag is coming back to work :)) but I will wait to see how I'm doing on arrival day and will let the hotel know my plans. I will do the massage for sure and the the Arusha National Park tour depending on how I feel.
    Thanks guys. Have a lovely day.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file