Options

Large group vs small on Indochina trip

For those of you who have been on the trip we were on a small one to Peru which was lovely with 23 people. It made for using two smaller vans enabling the group to navigate smaller streets. Then on the Danube River one they used large buses however we weren't on them all day. Does anyone know did they use tour buses for the large group and how many were there of you and if you went on a small group did they use vans? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    We are doing a Small Group tour in January and look forward to a reply as well.
  • Options
    We went on the small group tour this passed February but only chose it because it was the time we wanted to go. I am pretty sure we used one big bus and did not go anywhere that required smaller transport, but I can’t remember 100 percent. We used all manner of transport otherwise that does not really matter how big the group is. I am still of the opinion that it is not worth the extra money going for a Small group departure. You do stay at the same hotels for either tour. The difficult thing on this tour is the heat, phew!
  • Options
    I was in Peru with the larger group tour about 3 years ago. We transferred into smaller vans in Cuzco (I think) to navigate the smaller streets. While YMMV, this makes me think Tauck does what they need to do, regardless of group size.
  • Options
    We've done Tauck River Cruises (90 people), large group trips (40 people) and small group trips (24 people) and each has it's own particular vibe. We have gravitated toward small group trips as they are a better fit for our style of traveling. Regardless of the size, all the trips with Tauck have been incredible experiences.
  • Options
    AshvEd wrote:
    We've done Tauck River Cruises (90 people), large group trips (40 people) and small group trips (24 people) and each has it's own particular vibe. We have gravitated toward small group trips as they are a better fit for our style of traveling. Regardless of the size, all the trips with Tauck have been incredible experiences.

Ditto!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file