Options

WEATHER AND DAY TRIP TO MOROCCO????

We are going on the Oct 10 trip
Weather?dress? and we want to goto Tangiers for a day trip??
Has anyone gone on this??With who?
Time is marching on??Thanks

Comments

• Options
    I would plan carefully. I once worked for World Airways, and a crew with a long layover in Spain decided to go to Morocco for a visit. They went by boat, and the wind and sea state prevented their return. The flight they were to fly out was delayed by a day or two. Some people got an unexpected vacation. We once went through the straits of Gibralter on a cruise ship and the winds were over 100 knots. This is a day trip that would require some careful planning unless you have some extra days to work with.
  • Options
    mosscreek wrote:

Is there some reason you feel the need to type your subject lines in all CAPS? It's the internet equivalent of shouting and not overly appreciated.
  • Options
    It just makes it easier to read the headings, that’s how I do it when I start a topic
  • Options
    British wrote:
    It just makes it easier to read the headings, that’s how I do it when I start a topic

I did a quick search online and most studies have found the opposite. From wikipedia

"Studies have been conducted on the readability and legibility of all caps text. Scientific testing from the 20th century onwards has generally indicated that all caps text is less legible and readable than lower-case text."
  • Options
    That’s interesting Claudia, but the person wrote a six word heading. I probably would have done the same.
    Mosscreek, you can find out the weather on Weather.com or similar and look up average historical temperatures.
    Dress should be conservative especially if you are a woman. Maybe twenty some years ago, my sister and her husband visited Morocco and she wore some skimpy clothing, my brother in law took video and you can see all the men gawking st my sister. I had to tell her she had no respect for the culture of the country she was visiting.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I did a quick search online and most studies have found the opposite. From wikipedia

"Studies have been conducted on the readability and legibility of all caps text. Scientific testing from the 20th century onwards has generally indicated that all caps text is less legible and readable than lower-case text."

And if that wasn't reason enough not to use ALL CAPS, most of the spammers peddling counterfeit documents use all caps! : ) e.g. "BUY QUALITY COUNTERFEIT MONEY" posted on the Italian Lakes, Venice, Florence & Rome Forum yesterday!

In case everyone is not aware, the originator of a thread, in addition to editing the text, can also edit the Subject- make any type of correction- add/delete words, correct spelling, etc. including changing case : )
  • Options
    Sealord wrote:
    I would plan carefully. I once worked for World Airways, and a crew with a long layover in Spain decided to go to Morocco for a visit. They went by boat, and the wind and sea state prevented their return. The flight they were to fly out was delayed by a day or two. Some people got an unexpected vacation. We once went through the straits of Gibralter on a cruise ship and the winds were over 100 knots. This is a day trip that would require some careful planning unless you have some extra days to work with.
  • Options
    Sealord wrote:
    THANK YOU
    Everything we have read tells us no-It seems it is a 13 HOUR trip for 4 hours of tours which involves go to shops??
  • Options
    Is there some reason you feel the need to type your subject lines in all CAPS? It's the internet equivalent of shouting and not overly appreciated.
    Probably by mistake why bother making a comment?
  • Options
    mosscreek wrote:
    Thank YOU
    I cannot figure out how to use this site but I got to your comment
    On Viator there were 4 star and a lot of 1 star
  • Options
    mosscreek wrote:
    Probably by mistake why bother making a comment?

It was kindly meant. People are a lot more likely to help you out with answers to your questions if they don't perceive you're shouting at them. It can be hard enough getting answers since relatively few Tauck travelers actually participate in the forum. Participate as in actually taking the time to answer questions. Hopefully you get useful answers to your most recent questions.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

SPAM, Justify is a spammer. Using random posts in typically old threads like above, to increase his/her post count. Please flag and report.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file