Bus time

Contemplating this trip for 2020. My husband and I would like to know how much time is spent on the bus, especially when traveling from one country to the next. Are you ever stuck on the bus for little ne’er than two or three hours adt a stretch. Thanks in advance for the info!

Comments

• edited January 2019
    We only remember one long day, and what is the alternative? When speaking to the tour director be told us you get to see far more sites on this tour than on equivalent river tours in the areas. There is also so much to see out of the window, some very pretty towns and countryside. There are always stops about every two hours on any bus tour and in Europe the bus drivers have to have mandatory breaks.
  • Epearlrn wrote:
    Contemplating this trip for 2020. My husband and I would like to know how much time is spent on the bus, especially when traveling from one country to the next. Are you ever stuck on the bus for little ne’er than two or three hours adt a stretch. Thanks in advance for the info!
    I also do not remember more than one long day but importantly, is the tour never goes more than about an hour and a half without stopping for a break and when you do, there is usually something interesting to see and do
    What I do remember for sure is that it is one of our favorite of our 13 Tauck tours.
    John
  • JohnBolduc wrote:
    What I do remember for sure is that it is one of our favorite of our 13 Tauck tours.
    John
    I agree, though every tour has been great. I was always a math/science guy, but I found the history, which I never really learned in school, fascinating.

One stop I recall that I found very funny was the incredibly tacky rest stop at the Czech border - their immediate post-Communist version of Disneyland, complete with brothel around back :-)
  • It was only one day, but it was a fun one as noted above. It had some nice sites that I captured in my blog posting that day: https://davidcrosstravels.com/2016/05/11/travelling-through-slovakia/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file