suggestions for a full day in Paris

Arriving day ahead of Savoring France tour and looking for sightseeing suggestions. Thanks

Comments

• Buy Rick Steve's Pocket Paris guide. He has great suggestions and information about the sites, how to get around on your own, maps, suggested self guided walking tours etc.

If you're staying in the Intercontinental across from the opera house that's worth a tour and close by.

If you want a free and easy view of Paris, the Galleria Lafayette is a shopping center 2 blocks from the hotel and has a very nice roof terrace with a view of the city. No charge and no stairs to climb. Also several dining options.

Lots and lots to see in Paris. You'll wish you gave yourself more than one extra day. We did.
  • Check out paris-walks.com (don't know how to imbed the link) to see what they offer on the day you will be there. They are -- or were -- affiliated with London Walks. I've taken a couple of their walks and would have taken more if I had had more time in the city. The tours are in English. Like London Walks, you don't have to reserve in advance and you meet the guide at a metro station.
  • edited January 2019
    MCD wrote:
    Check out paris-walks.com (don't know how to imbed the link)

http://www.paris-walks.com/

Paris Walks

easy peasy:

1. copy the site's URL
    2. just paste where you want it in your text

or

1. copy the site's URL
    2. put your cursor where you want the link to appear
    3. click on the button on the editing bar that has the green globe/link icon
    4. paste/enter the URL in the drop-down box
    5. click OK
    6. give it a name (description) in the next drop-down box
    7. Click OK

(I added the blue and the underline)
  • Thanks, Alan. Now if I can find your post the next time I need it!
  • Thanks for the suggestions. Just received Rick Steves book today, will study!!
  • Going on the Rhone River Cruise in September 2022. Any suggestions for flying from Boston to Paris and flying home from Lyon? Airline? Other help would be appreciated, too. Thanks.

• Debora,

Air France is my preferred airline when traveling to and from Paris. You can fly direct from Boston. Returning from Lyon you will need to fly first to Paris. The tour was my favorite riverboat cruise. Enjoy!

• Paris Walks looks like a nice little option. Only 2 hours long.

• We are on the May 8, 2022 Savoring France trip. The few Tauck days in Paris weren't nearly enough. We are taking the TGV high-speed train back to Paris to spend six more nights.

• I agree, a couple of days is just not enough in Paris. We’re on the 4/6 Savoring France and will be in Paris a week before and will fly home from Lyon after spending a few days there as well. Contemplating hiring a guide from Paris to Reims and ‘Epernay for Champagne tasting. Seems like a long day though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file