Options

Ban James Brown from posting on the Forum

His posts are offensive, idiotic and inappropriate.

Comments

• Options
    I second the motion
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Let’s go TAUCK. Surely you can recognize something is not right about someone posting garbage on every forum. Please do something about this!
  • Options
    I add my vote to this.
  • Options
    I reported it this morning too
  • Options
    I sent an email to Tauck Tim on Tuesday, but, as I expected (Emma at) Tauck eSupport replied, "I've been keeping an eye on both posters and will be sure to block them if they post any suspicious links. Unfortunately, at this time, we can't do much more than that as they have not broken any forum guidelines."

Maybe if a bunch more people send emails to eSupport esupport@tauck.com they will do something. James Brown's latest post in the Dachau thread was at the very least inappropriate. He thinks he is being cute, but is actually acting juvenile. He is likely trying to practice English and has no interest in Tauck tours nor knowledge to offer.
  • Options
    Here's what I wrote in my email to esupport:

I've been following the thread on the forum regarding the requested barring of "member" James Brown.

If no forum rule has been broken, perhaps it's time to amend those rules to include something to the effect, "if a forum member shows a pattern of non-responsive or irrelevant posts deemed disruptive to the forum, he may be barred at the discretion of management."
  • Options
    BKMD wrote:
    Here's what I wrote in my email to esupport:

I've been following the thread on the forum regarding the requested barring of "member" James Brown.

If no forum rule has been broken, perhaps it's time to amend those rules to include something to the effect, "if a forum member shows a pattern of non-responsive or irrelevant posts deemed disruptive to the forum, he may be barred at the discretion of management."

Sounds good. It is disruptive in that all those posts this morning made all those threads look active when actually there wasn't anything worth reading but his inane comments.
  • Options
    Got a prompt reply back from Emma. She said the problem has been dealt with.
  • Options
    So much for "dealing with the problem!"
  • Options
    This person needs to get a life and stop "message bombing" the Forum. If practicing English, get yourself a pen pal.
  • Options
    I sent another email to esupport. Apparently the first round of threads were deleted, but the a-hole wasn't banned.
  • Options
    Who’s next? Marvin Gaye? Johnny Cash? James Dean?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Several years ago I emailed Tauck about someone like this who’s English was terrible and they told me the same thing, they were not breaking any rules. I almost felt I was being reprimanded for showing some kind of racial prejudice when clearly it was someone just practicing English. But if this James Brown completely fills the current forum messages, it is even worset than seeing all those fake passport and visa messages. Newcomers are going to look and see it is just not worht it. Or if they are new to Tauck travel, it gives Tauck no credibility either.
    May I suggest something to Tauck. I realize it would not work to only have Tauck customers be able to post. But how about letting anyone post say five times and then after that, if they have not made a booking, ban them from further posts.
  • Options
    Quick response from Emma. Posts removed and user deleted. Thank you, Emma.

I know it would take a software re-work, which has supposedly been in process for a couple of years now, but my suggestion is a feature where if 5 established users flag a post as abusive or inappropriate, it is auto-deleted.
  • Options
    A hearty thank you to BKMD and Emma. As it was noted above, if this sort of thing continued and it junked up all of the threads on the forum web site, Tauck travelers (or new possible Tauck clients) would just completely stop using the forum which I am sure that Tauck too would not like to happen.
  • Options
    Of course the "disruptive" to the forum standard can be a bit subjective. Most of us are guilty of occasionally going off topic. And I can remember at least one person (Jan from australia) who at times I wondered if she was a troll.

Yes, I know British you liked her sense of humor. I didn't and we had several arguments. But over time I noticed that while she supposedly had taken lots of trips with Tauck and was a very active forum participant, she didn't actually provide much useful info. It would be more commentary that informative. Or if it was informative, it was something you could easily find on the website vs actual personal knowledge. I know at least one story she told that I believe was a lie or plagiarism. Kind of made me wonder how much she claimed was actually true.

It appears she got mad at Tauck and gave up the forum long ago so not an issue.
  • Options
    MCD wrote:
    So much for "dealing with the problem!"

Wow did I miss something? Did JB come back? I guess I can't leave you guys alone! : )

It is kind like whack-a-mole and call blocking- sometimes they have access to many different numbers or in the case of the internet, different email addresses or IP addresses.
  • Options
    I guess I come from the old school of if someone annoys me...I ignore them. They have the same right to be here that i have. I did not join the forum until i booked my first trip and i generally only comment in the forums that deal with the places i have booked or the places i have been. I had some trouble accessing my account and it had to be reset so i have had to start over...but i guess at the end of the day..it doesn't really matter. It is just numbers...

I try so hard to ignore annoying people but fail all too often. Jan drove me crazy because she so often took these nasty, needless pot shots at Americans which was weird because she claimed to have taken lots of Tauck trips here. If you think that little of Americans, why are you traveling here?

• Options
    I know I make lots of annoying posts, but I loved Jann, she had a great sense of humor. She did occasionally have humor that was near the limit, but as a former Brit, I am used to that kind of humor. Australians and Brits have a more similar sense of humor. I think she was very very bright. She actually did give lots of interesting and helpful information but it may have been before several of you joined the forum. I am certain she had done a lot of tours with Tauck, I think she even mentioned say twenty if I remember correctly.
    Let’s all share travel and fun and occasionally go off topic. We are all so lucky to be able to travel so much. Until I was 22 I had never had more than a day trip to France. I never thought I would ever leave the shores of Britain, but I studied hard, worked hard, met the boy of my dreams, and here I am, occasionally annoying people on the Tauck forum amd enjoying seeing parts of the planet I studied and enjoyed in High School.
  • Options
    The whole thing with Jan just sort of felt sad to me after a while. I somehow pictured this lonely singleton wanting social contact but doing everything she could to repel people. She complained on one thread about annoying people trying to talk to her/sit by her on a tour then on another tour whined that she had been sick and no one seemed to care.

And I love british/australian humor. I just couldn't see it in her.

2019 - lots of drama in our real world. Thinking about our next trip helps me sleep at night.