Lombardy, Veneto regions now on Alert 4 Do Not Travel

This includes the cities of Milan, Como and Venice, so a big part of the tour. Our tour is scheduled to start May 7, but we are leaving May 5 as connecting flight from Miami is an overnight, arriving in Milan May 6-- a day early (booked the extra night in Como in front) of the tour; We're booked on AA and they have cancelled our connecting flight from Miami to Milan with no communication to us; we're basically left hanging in Miami. ????? Expecting cancellation by Tauck any day but I suppose Tauck will wait until the last minute in case something changes. Hard to believe a huge turnaround within the next 50 days!

Comments

• P.S. Alert 4 Do Not Travel is on the State Department website.

• Garry, I’m so sorry that you won’t be able to see Lake Como this May. We were there on the Milan to Amsterdam Rhine Enchantment and it was just lovely.
    I’m afraid we might be in a similar situation as we are scheduled to leave May 9th for Essence of Japan. I think Delta has already canceled a leg of our trip home (Osaka to Seattle) so I’m not sure how that’s going to work out but obviously we’d still love to go. However, I’m not optimistic anymore. I’m just trying to see the silver lining (like we’re too broke to travel this year now anyway) and things will eventually improve. Good luck to you and hopefully you’ll still get to Lake Como at some point.

• Exlandlubber
    8:36PM

Garry, I’m so sorry that you won’t be able to see Lake Como this May. We were there on the Milan to Amsterdam Rhine Enchantment and it was just lovely.
    I’m afraid we might be in a similar situation as we are scheduled to leave May 9th for Essence of Japan. I think Delta has already canceled a leg of our trip home (Osaka to Seattle) so I’m not sure how that’s going to work out . . .

You might want to check Delta flights- your flight might have just been caught up in Delta's flight reductions. Suitable (or almost so) flights might be available and all flights may not have been cancelled. Then again, from the way things are going, it will be amazing if this mess is over by then and flights return to normal- Delta and other airlines have been regularly taking a significant number of aircraft to the Arizona desert for temporary mothballing.

• Xland , were we’re supposed to be on the May 4th Rhine Enchantment ending in Milan. It sounds like it was a great trip. Hope we get to go one day. Don’t see it happening this May 🤷‍♀️

• We met a couple on our Africa tour who are getting married on Lake Como in May!

• British
    12:16AM

We met a couple on our Africa tour who are getting married on Lake Como in May!

What year?? :D

• In two months

• British must be tired.

• I slept the best ever on a plane coming back, I don’t know why. I slept better than Mr B last night and that’s unheard of!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file