Options

Dates for 2022?

Hi! We are looking to do our first Tauck trip in April 2022. Any idea on when they publish trip itineraries for the next year?
Thanks!

Comments

• Options

You might start seeing dates in the fall or winter. Prices probably next summer. At least that's been the norm. Who knows with the current situation.

• Options
    edited May 2020

It depends on the particular tour. Departure dates, prices, and itinerary are posted for a year's worth of departures. Some may be published only a year to a year and a half prior to the new year, while others may be posted two years in advance. There is no "all tours release date." Often a Tauck agent will be able to tell you roughly when the expected release date for a particular tour should occur, sometimes not. Sometimes a tour and dates will be published before prices and itinerary have been finalized- it will say "Call for Details" in the price column like the 2022 Kenya & Tanzania Classic Safari tour at this link. What makes things interesting, a number of the departure dates of popular tours sell out before prices and itinerary have been finalized. Then there are special cases- the first year of the recently reinstated Jordan & Egypt tour was published only 9 months early.

Starting a year or two early, I make note of the release dates for tours on my wish list. When I am ready to book I start looking a month or so prior to the suspected release date if Tauck hasn't been able to tell me. You can figure prices will increase from year to year, but if I want to take a tour and hope to get a particular departure, I do not wait for prices. Also don't forget, tours can go away or be significantly changed from year to year.

• Options

Years ago, once published dates had dipped, more dates were added. As recently as a couple of years ago, one Tour Direction said Tauck still does that so it’s always worth calling to express interest on what looks ro be like a sold out year as they may add another date. Going forward, I don’t know how things will be done. I think destinations may be limited.