Options

Smoking Policy

Hi, we recently signed up for the Belgium & Holland in Spring 2022 River Cruise. My brotherinlaw and his wife may also travel with us. She is a smoker. Is there a smoking policy? I know smoking is not allowed in the cabins, but what about designated areas outside on the deck?

Comments

• Options

Yes, there is space on the sun deck. Usually behind the wheel house but on some ships I've seen it at the rear of the deck. They'll tell you when you get on board.

• Options

I've only seen a couple of smokers.

• Options

Our one and only Tauck River cruise was a little spoiled by the smokers. They were supposed to have a smoking area outside of ‘Arthur’s’ Restaurant at the back of the boat. Every time we went there, the door was open and the room smelt of smoke, I was convinced they had been smoking in there. I don’t know whether that was why we never saw a single person eating in there snd it certainly put us off. They also smoked when waiting in line for the buses.

• Options

British
    10:36PM
    . . . .They were supposed to have a smoking area outside of ‘Arthur’s’ Restaurant at the back of the boat. Every time we went there, the door was open and the room smelt of smoke . . .

Same on our Blue Danube cruise a few years back. Both my parents smoked, but none of the kids, ever, so smoking anywhere near bothers me. Smoking is not as bad in Europe as it used to be, but still more prevalent than in the US.

I found this on the web, Windstar Cruises Smoking Policy does not permit smoking in any of the staterooms, suites, or public spaces, including all restaurants and corridors. Smoking is permitted on the outside decks in designated smoking areas only.

Sealord can you comment on your experiences on Wind Star?

• Options

The original poster was asking about the River cruises, Never saw it on the small ships thank goodness.

• Options

Windstar allows smoking in specified outdoor areas on the port side of the ship. On the Wind Surf they also have a cigar bar on one of the upper decks all the way aft ... also on the port side.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file