More tour dates officially cancelled

edited February 2021 in General

Jordan and Egypt: Petra to the Pyramids 2021 departures have been updated. All departures prior to 15 April 2021 have now disappeared (been cancelled.) Since our March departure was right around the corner this wasn't a surprise. We already re-booked for 2022. 2022 departures have not been posted. see my 2/10/2021 Update below.

There are no recent changes to Treasures of the Aegean 2021 departures. There is nothing listed prior to 6 May 2021 but everything after then is still listed with an availability. 2022 departures are posted, but no prices are listed ("Call for Details") and Availability shows "Sold Out." The Windstar Cruises website still shows the Wind Star will resume sailing on May19, but that is old information and likely to be updated later this month.

Christmas Markets on the Rhine 2021 departures are still showing, however we were told by Tauck all of them have been cancelled. 2022 departures have not been posted. All XMAS Mkts on the Danube 2021 departures are still showing, though many (most?) have been cancelled. 2022 departures have not been posted.

I only checked these tours. You might want to check the Tauck website for the status of your 2021 tours.

Comments

• I've missed you, Alan! Hope all is well.

• edited February 2021

just got off the phone with our AAA TA and she called Tauck - All Danube Xmas Market River Cruises are canceled except for the one we had to transfer to - Nov. 29 Nurnberg to Vienna. No others ones will be going - ONE Xmas Market cruise this year - IF it even happens. I don't understand why they can't update their webpage.

I should clarity ---- Europe has chartered ALL the other boats for NOV/DEC - except that one.

• Our Israeli Jordan tour is still showing. My hubby doesn’t want to call Tauck in case they get the impression that we want to cancel before they officially cancel and limit our rights. We are going to wait. We won’t be wanting to transfer to another tour, but are on a waitlist for a date in 2022, just in case. If they call is too early for that, we may decline. We really are not in a hurry to book any trips for the foreseeable future. We have been unable so far to get a vaccine. If the pandemic situation stabilizes in any way, we will book something. At that point, we would go anywhere Tauck can take us, it won’t even matter if we have taken the tour before or been to the the area, we will just go. We will be ready for any safe change of scenery.

• As far as updatable the web pages,Tauck has never been good at that. We are assuming they probably have a shrinking and skeleton staff by now. The tech people are likely to be paid more, so I am sure they will be the first to be let go or furloughed

• edited February 2021

British, from our recent experience (waiting for 2021 J&E to be cancelled while on a waitlist for 2022) I think if Tauck calls asking you if you want to cancel or re-book for 2022, you can be sure the 2021 trip is or soon will be cancelled. I just can't imagine they would call and have you cancel or re-book then run the 2021 trip anyway or limit your rights. That would create an outcry!

We got on the waitlist for J&E 2022 last December. When Tauck called a little over two weeks ago, on 21 January, we went ahead and re-booked for 2022. I had the same worries as you but the rep said even though our March 2021 J&E hadn't been cancelled yet, it was probably going to happen. As I posted above, today or yesterday it was cancelled, or at least disappeared from the departure listing. We got all the usual re-booking carry-over and $500 p/p discount (for being paid in full).

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to use my Delta credits (from a previous cancellation) for next year's trip before they expire. Delta is not currently flying into Jordan so I may need to book a partial leg with them into Athens or some other European city then fly Royal Jordanian, etc. to Amman. If I didn't have to use Delta credits I'd fly Turkish for the whole route with one stop in Istanbul and avoid AMS, CDG and Euro business!

• AlanS
    Right now I'm trying to figure out how to use my Delta credits (from a previous cancellation) for next year's trip before
    they expire. Delta is not currently flying into Jordan so I may need to book a partial leg with them into Athens or some
    other European city then fly Royal Jordanian, etc. to Amman. If I didn't have to use Delta credits I'd fly Turkish for the
    whole route with one stop in Istanbul and avoid AMS, CDG and Euro business!

There's a simple solution to your problem. Book MORE tours/vacations to points that Delta flies into. :D

MORE is better, right? :D

• That is my problem- three wouldn't have been a problem, except for all the COVID cancellations. I've still got a few months to check various options and stew a little bit before we are forced to make a decision. The hard part will getting older while I'm waiting! :(

• AlanS - The Covid vaccine suspends the aging process. It deletes 2020 from the history books and all of our aging process by one year. :D

Wouldn't that be nice!

• We'll see, we get our second shot next Tuesday!

• I hope Terrilynn’s info is correct. The 11/29 Nuremberg to Vienna trip is the one we’re booked for. I spoke with Tauck yesterday about another trip and they didn’t say anything about our Christmas Markets trip, which I believe they would have. 3 couples going on that one.

• edited February 2021

UPDATE (2/9/2021): It appears that 2022 departure dates have been posted for Egypt tours . At least two departures (25 Jan and 1 Nov) for J&E, Small Groups 2022, one departure (16 Jan) of the regular J&E 2022, and two departures (Sep 4 and Nov 13) for Egypt; Jewels of the Nile 2022 are open for booking. More are soon likely to follow.

• Terrilynn, I just saw your other post on this site. Thanks to you and Alan for all the detailed information. So sorry this happened but look forward to meeting you and your companions in Nuremberg on 11/29...it will be a great trip. Keeping my fingers crossed, I just rescheduled a river cruise to Normandy from June to late August to give us more of a safety net.

• edited February 2021

UPDATE (2/10/2021) to my Update: As I predicted more (all?) 2022 Egypt departures have been posted (and available for open booking?). Twenty (all?) 2022 Jordan & Egypt, Small Group departures are now showing- two are already showing "Limited" availability. Twenty seven (all?) 2022 Jordan & Egypt(standard size) tour departures are showing- two are listed as "Sold Out" and one "Limited." Twenty three (all?) 2022 Egypt: Jewels of the Nile departures are showing- one is "Sold Out," while two show "Limited Availability."

I don't remember how many departures were originally scheduled for 2021 but my sense is that there are more of them scheduled for 2022.

Rock on!!!!

• Suppose to go on River cruise Rhône River Savoring France in late May. Tauck already moved it from April and it was cancelled last year. I don’t feel comfortable going this year but if I call before it is cancelled will they charge me a cancellation fee? I have not booked my airfare yet. I tried to email them but got a snarky reply back. I had read somewhere that single travelers would not be allowed to sit with others due to COVID and refrigerators would not be maintained. Any thoughts from other season travelers this trip is jinked would have been #13 with Tauck

• If you took the insurance, you won’t be charged, it’s over 30 days away. But you won’t get your insurance fee back, it can go towards another tour. How was your email snarky? If we go on a tour, we won’t want to sit with anyone else now, no offense, I’m not sitting near anyone who is not wearing a mask, earring or not.

• edited February 2021

CATSOOS
    4:44PM

Don't email, call them!

The website may not reflect it, but your tour may have already been cancelled. They could just be working through those previously booked for 2021, offering them spots in 2022, before changing the status on the website.