Cheaper flights?

Here is part of an interview with the Qantas boss on the BBC
Qantas says vaccines will be required to fly
Having less supply of any product normally means that prices climb in response to an increase in demand. However, Mr Joyce doesn't think the combination of fewer seats and the easing of restrictions will lead to higher prices.
"In some cases, we think the airfares could be half of what they were pre-Covid," he said. "And that will be there to stimulate demand."
It could be that way for some time. "Internationally it's going to take a while for it to recover to 2019 levels," the airline boss said.

Comments

• Trying to call Delta Airlines. Estimated hold time three hours and eleven minutes. They will call me back. i hope I remember what I called about. (;-)

• Sealord, it’s everyone trying to cancel their June flights to Tanzania🤪

• A little bit earlier, I got a call back in under and an hour- are you in their Skymiles program? I get a special number for that.

• I’m in the Skymiles program, but have no status. When I was an Advantage Gold member at American I had a special number. My flight to Tanzania is on KLM out of Amsterdam ... still scheduled. But my KLM flight to Amsterdam was canceled so I had to switch to Delta in order to be there in time to catch the flight to Kilimanjaro. Kenya and Tanzania are open. The question is whether or not Tauck will run the trip?

Here is an article reviewing cruise line crew and pax vaccine requiremnts:

https://www.businessinsider.com/cruise-ship-covid-vaccine-requirements-guests-crew-each-company-2021-2

The cruise lines seem to think they know how to get the crews vaccinated.

• AlanS
    I get a special number for that.

Of course you do. I wouldn't expect anything different for a Dan Mahar pen pal. You probably have the Delta CEO on speed dial. :D

• Ed (Bastian) and are on the outs right now. :(