Options

ICELAND IS A GO!!!!

This needed its own thread. YAHOO!!!! See the letter from Tauck below.

Dear Tauck Guest,

Here’s the news you have been waiting for! We’re thrilled to let you know that Iceland is now open for travel and we will operate your upcoming cruise as scheduled. We look forward to welcoming you back and making your travel dreams come true in one of Europe’s most stunning destinations!

First, we want to inform you that we will now be sailing aboard Ponant’s Explorer ship Le Dumont D’Urville instead of Le Jacques Cartier as originally published. As sister ships, they each offer the same onboard experience and differ in name only.

While our day-to-day cruise itinerary has not changed since you booked your cruise, there are a few updates we need to share with you. They reflect current CDC guidelines and travel requirements mandated by Iceland and our ship partner that are applicable to all Tauck guests without exception. For everyone’s safety, we will adhere to evolving local government and commercial health and safety protocols, including the proper use of face masks, social distancing and sanitation. We thank you for your cooperation in following the policies and procedures set out below:
All travelers are required to pre-register online at visit.covid.is before departing for Iceland. Pre-registration does not constitute a travel authorization.
All guests ages 16 and older must be fully vaccinated 14 days before arriving in Iceland to sail aboard our Ponant ship.
Travelers must present a government-issued certificate, such as the CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card, indicating full COVID 19 vaccination (14 days since receiving the final dose) for entry into Iceland. Iceland accepts currently approved US and EU vaccines.
At this time, all travelers must undergo a COVID-19 test upon arrival in Iceland, and quarantine until results are available (up to one day). However please note that this is intended to be a temporary measure and may be removed in June.
Our cruise partner may also administer a COVID-19 test to guests at the pier prior to embarkation. There will be no cost for the test. A negative test result is required to board.
Vaccinated American travelers will still need a negative COVID-19 test to return to the US. These tests will be available aboard ship at an additional cost of $150 per person.
Your health and safety remains our number one priority while you are traveling with us. We recommenAd that you learn more about what we have done to prepare for your travel, including our health and safety protocols, travel requirements, and frequently asked questions, by visiting our Travel and Health pages on tauck.com . This information is important and updated on a frequent basis.

We know you likely have additional questions about what to expect on your cruise. We are in the process of finalizing trip details with our supplier partners now. Closer to your departure date, we will email your personal travel documents that will include the following: a detailed day-by-day itinerary, packing list, arrival transfer details, and other relevant travel information. Please make sure you review these documents carefully prior to your trip.

Your final payment is due by May 14, 2021. Should you wish to change your departure date, we have space available in late June and July. If so, please call soon so we can update your travel plans.

As we eagerly re-start travel operations, please know that our team is working tirelessly to ensure that your cruise runs seamlessly and we deliver the peace of mind you expect when traveling with Tauck. While we cannot predict or prevent events outside of our control, we have learned to expect the unexpected. We know there will be twists and turns along this journey and are prepared to adjust as we go. We hope that you will share this spirit of adventure with us as we look forward to exploring the world again!

Before you know it, we will be welcoming you onboard Le Dumont D’Urville. Until then, pack your dreams for an unforgettable expeditionary cruise and get set to enjoy the best Iceland has to offer. We can’t wait to see you!

Sincerely,

The Team at Tauck

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2021

I thought I'd repost a post of mine from New Year's Eve 2020. The suitcase walk is supposed to bring Good Vibes for travel. Perhaps it worked!!! I want to think so. :D:D:D

Travel scorecard this year - Trip to Jamaica completed. Trip to Vegas: leave in a week. Trip to Iceland: leave the end of June.

I bet you all wish you did the Costa Rican suitcase walk on New Years Eve. :D

*** Post from December 31, 2020 ***

Since our next Tauck tour is (in theory) to Iceland I did the Costa Rican suitcase walk, wearing my Iceland hat, on Reykjavik time (5:00 PM Tucson time) to provide Good Vibes for travel in 2021.

• Options

I’m packing a bag and my Fez for a Moroccan stroll...

• Options

NancyCohen
    I’m packing a bag and my Fez for a Moroccan stroll...

I have a fez available.

• Options
    edited April 2021

I’ll match you...Indian style

• Options

See you and raise you Petra style.

• Options

Smiling Sam — you win!!

• Options

The real Sam picture, hitchhiking to the airport:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list