Options

Blue Lagoon Procedural Questions

I'm looking for some procedural guidance from any Blue Lagoon veterans.

1) Do you wear normal clothes to the Blue Lagoon, then change into your swimsuit?
2) Is a lockable locker provided for your street clothes, wallet, etc.?
3) Did you have to bring anything else, like towels, etc. with you from the boat?
4) From pictures I've seen online it looks like they may provide you with a white robe that you wear to an area near the pools, then hang up your robe, then get into the water. Reverse the process on the way out. Is this correct?
5) Do you do anything in the pool, besides lounge around in the hot mineral water? It looks like there is a swim-up bar. If so, and you use it do you need to bring a credit card into the pool with you?
6) I have a waterproof camera that I'm planning to bring to the Blue Lagoon with me. I assume you are allowed to take pictures?
7) May be different for us, but how much time did you spend there? I assume Tauck dropped you off and picked you up? Did a Tour Director go with you, get you checked in, see to it that you get back on the bus/shuttle, etc.
8) Did you spend any time in the facility other than in the pool - eg. gift shop, restaurant, etc.?

Thanks to any Blue Lagoon veterans that can answer these procedural questions.

Comments

• Options
    1. We wore swimsuits under our clothing and brought underwear to change into afterwards.
    2. Yes
    3. Towels not necessary, as they are provided.
    4. Yes, robe provided.
    5. Admission included one beverage from the swim up bar. We had sparkling wine, but there are other options. You are given a bracelet upon admission, which operates the locker and tracks purchases. So, you can buy more drinks if you want and pay on the way out of the lagoon area. It is nice to walk around inside the lagoon. Some areas are warmer than others. There is also goop to put on your face.
    6. I saw a lot of people taking photos. Some had their phones, but I do not think that is prudent.
    7. I cannot specifically recall. I think we spent about an hour in the water. After changing into clothes, we had a coffee in the cafe area. We did this tour before a cruise.
    8. As mentioned, we had coffee in the cafe, as it was still morning when we were there. I also went into the shop to look around.

We really enjoyed the experience, much more than I had anticipated.

• Options
    edited June 2021

Lotusgirl - Thanks for your response. Very helpful. It sounds like your visit wasn’t part of a Tauck tour, is that correct?

• Options
    edited June 2021

You are welcome. You are correct.
    I have recalled a couple of other points. We did bring flip flops and wore them out to the lagoon area. No need to wear footwear in the lagoon.
    Also, it was a very sunny day and we wore sunglasses and baseball hats. It was very bright. We both wore contact lenses, even though I have read some recommendations not to do so. I was careful to keep my face and hair dry. The lagoon water is allegedly harsh on the hair.

• Options

Our visit to the Blue Lagoon was on the last day of the tour. The tour director came in with us as Tauck had covered the entrance fees. We were provided with a towel - I don't remember about the robes. We wore our street clothes. I took a plastic bag for our swimsuits and just stuck it in one of the outside compartments of our suitcase for the trip home. Lockers are provided - and there were hair dryers. I took a waterproof camera and took some pictures - most where people couldn't be identified. Took a couple of pictures with others from our group with their permission. You could get drinks and a mud mask - I don't remember there being a charge, but not sure. I think we had bracelets that recorded any charges. You could purchase Blue Lagoon products in the gift shop - we visited the shop at the end. There was also a restaurant on site where our group had lunch.

• Options

cvc,
    You bring up a great point about photographing other tour participants. Thank you for asking permission first before "clicking" away. Although most people mean well, they need to respect the privacy of other tour participants.

• Options

cvc
    9:54PM
    . . . I took a waterproof camera and took some pictures - most where people couldn't be identified.

I'm sure the water was toasty, but how about the air temp?

On our free day at the end of Yellowstone in Winter a few of us booked a dogsled trip. At the halfway point we stopped for lunch and a swim in a thermal pool maintained by the Park Service. Air temp was in the low 20's! Brrrrrrr, but the water was warm. The dash between the changing rooms and pool was bone chilling!

• Options

"Lotusgirl - Thanks for your response. Very helpful." Didn't see the response. Good questions and would like to see response?

• Options

Replying to smiling Sam,
    The locker room in Blue lagoon is well equipped;you have everything except space.It is usually crowded at all times so they say.We visited Bluelagoon once with the tour;once on our own because both of us had booked for massages.If you have time that is well worth it.Also when you have special services there is a separate line to check in.Water proof camera a definite yes.We had great pictures;If I know how to upload I can!
    One other activity we enjoyed even though neither of us have been on a horse;Riding Icelandic horse is a great experience;they have different levels of this based on the riders experience!

• Options

They do provide a robe and slippers to those who have a Premium ticket. But be warned that there are outdoor hangers for them with no accountability and so someone may have taken yours, including someone with a basic ticket, when you come out and vice versa. For sure don't have anything of value in the pockets. The salt water can destroy many things, so if you bring any electronics (phone, camera) it must be in and remain in a waterproof container to safeguard it. The locker rooms are communal with no privacy so if that is not your thing, be warned. It is not hard to navigate the facillity and if your tour director does not come in, not a terrible problem. It is a lot of fun - enjoy. We sailed your ship not on the Iceland tour (although when in Iceland the launch hotel for the cruise was where we were saying) but on a Baltic trip. We sailed on it right out of the yard when built. Very nice, enough room but intimate at the same time, and a crew that aimed to please. I'll never forget sailing in St. Petersburg, Russia while the French crew sang the French anthem on Bastille Day. Enjoy your cruise and the Blue Lagoon.

• Options

I think I accidentally deleted my response to Sam, so I will try once more.
    We visited the Blue Lagoon in June of 2019, but not with Tauck. Knowing Tauck, I am sure that one or more of the TDs would accompany the group. I did a lot of pre-trip research on the Lagoon, as I thought it was outside my comfort zone. We really enjoyed the visit.
    1. We wore swimsuits under our clothes and brought underwear to change into after the Lagoon visit. I also brought flip-flops to wear out to the water and back to the locker room and showers. I also brought sunglasses and a baseball hat and clipped up my hair.
    2. Yes, locker is provided. You are given a bracelet that operates the locker and tracks purchases at the lagoon bar. One drink was included with admission. We had sparkling wine, but there are other choices.
    3. Towels are provided upon entry.
    4. Yes, robe is given to you, and there are hooks to hang the robes.
    5. The pool area is quite large. We walked around, had our wine, enjoyed the different temperature areas. Many people use the silica mud on their faces. I did not do that. I was careful to not wet my face or hair.
    6. There were definitely people taking pictures. Some had phones, but I thought that was not prudent.
    7. I think we spent about 45 minutes to an hour in the water. That was enough for me. After changing and turning in the bracelet (we had no extra charges, but those that did paid with a credit card), we went to the cafe and had a cup of coffee. I also looked around the gift shop.
    8. See above. Fortunately, it was not crowded when we visited. It was also a beautiful day.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file