Options

Aug. 10, 2021 Departure: Looking Forward to Meeting Fellow Passengers

We are looking forward to meeting you all. If anyone else also is coming from Atlanta, please let us know.

Jeff and Karen

Comments

• Options

You should not show your email address. Bad guys search for it on the net! Ask for a private message to contact people,

• Options

I just sent you a test message. It will show aooear upper right by

• Options

It will appear upper right by your user name. Sorry for the typo!

• Options

Jeffrey.. you can click on the little star in the righthand corner of your post and it gives am edit option, click on that, you can then take out your email.

• Options

And your phone number.

• Options

All that information allows those with nefarious intentions to search for your home address as well.

• Options

We are booked on this river cruise next Spring. I hope you will comment when you return in August. I’ll be interested in knowing your thoughts about impact of COVID on the river boat, excursions…hopeful that you’ll have a great trip.

• Options

We did the previous version of this cruise - called French Waterways but nearly identical tour itinerary. Just more food on this one. It was our first Tauck experience and river cruise. Loved it.

• Options

Someone once posted their address, it was near me, I was able to look them up and realized I had met this person years ago. She was actually complaining about a tour, so I was curious to see if I was correct. I was able to tell her to remove her details….that’s how easy it is these days!
    On another forum I used to go to, never contributed to, that tour company let people know well in advance of who else was going to be on their tour, as a consequence, one woman found out people had realized who she was, found out where she lived and had driven by her house to see what her house was like! Maybe it’s a good we don’t get the list until we get on the tour!

• Options

I am scheduled to take this trip next April 13th it was rescheduled from 2020 and 2021.

• Options

During my 2019 river cruise Tauck TD informed us that they no longer release personal information to fellow travelers. We had to exchange contact information with selected guests. There were 6 single women who all were relieved to know that their contact information would not be released to other guests.

• Options

On a couple of my trips, the TD told us that s/he could not ask for personal e-mails, but if we wanted to exchange them, we could. In one case, I know that a member of the group coordinated the exchange; in another, I believe that the TD did, but only for those travelers who wanted to share, and not everyone did.

• Options

Travel Guy and British, MANY thanks for the security tips. Great advice. Just edited my information. So nice hearing from everyone else.

• Options

Enjoy your trip!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file