Options

Galapagos December 2 tour

We are planning to go on this trip.Anyone else on this trip?Would like to know.I have questions about our return flight to US.The flight departs shortly after midnight;about 12:30 AM on the 10th.This means we leave right after the farewell dinner on the 9th.Any one els3 doing the same thing?We decided not to hang around on the 10th for a whole day with everyone departing at different times.

Comments

• Options

Sudmali - We are booked for this trip next March and noted the late (after midnight or early @ 6:30 am) departure times for air. Also you should be getting a night at the hotel after the dinner. Of course that means you are hanging around all the next day unless you geta e 6am flight. I was on the line with Tauck to see about the air - they could not book and transferred me to the air department. Waited and waited and finally hung up. There was no option for a call back. Will try later. I hope you post a review as this is a new tip for Tauck!

• Options

Bucket list : Hope you got your air reservation!Tauck could not book air for me for whatever reason; so I booked directly thru American Airlines.Tauck air person was very nice and helpful to clarify my trip choices.There are two other trips before us to Galapagos.Hoping we would get some feedback.

• Options
    edited July 2021

sudhamali
    June 29 in Hidden Galápagos & Peru
    ". . . . I have questions about our return flight to US.The flight departs shortly after midnight;about 12:30 AM on the 10th.This means we leave right after the farewell dinner on the 9th.Any one els3 doing the same thing?We decided not to hang around on the 10th for a whole day with everyone departing at different times.'

The airlines are still working on their future schedules, e.g. Delta (Skyteam) still has no flights into Jordan for next March. We booked with Turkish instead.

As to departures, you might want to reconsider hanging around if you can get a morning or midday flight. For our Jordan & Egypt trip next March, almost all US/alliance carriers leave Cairo after midnight or VERY early in the morning. :o So, rather than leaving for the airport a few hours after the farewell dinner and not utilizing the last night of Tauck lodging which we have already paid for, we will spend the night and next day there before leaving the following night.

That will give us another full day to tour- Saqqara/Dahshur, Giza, the GEM, etc. We may never get back to Jordan & Egypt so I want to squeeze as much out of this trip as I can.

While we will actually only spend a few hours at the hotel the next night before leaving for the airport, I went ahead and booked a post stay so we have a secure place to leave our bags when we are out touring, and a place to eat, nap, and freshen up before heading to the airport for the same flight a day later. It will still be a middle of the night flight, but we have just a short flight and layover in Istanbul, before a long, uninterrupted flight to rest and recover on the flight to the US.

Unfortunately for you, if I recall, there may not be much to see and do in and around Guayaquil, but worth investigating, plus the flight home will be short. When we did that tour, we flew from Guayaquil to Panama for a few days to visit our daughter and grandkids before heading home.

• Options

Alan S: One reason for foregoing that night is because of the location;besides we still will check into the room and freshen up before leaving.If it was not for these pandemic times we might have opted to stay the following day.In Egypt you have more thing to see ,do and shop as well!

• Options

We got first class airfares in March 2022 arriving at 5 pm in Lima and leaving Guayaquil at 7:30 pm through Delta. Our connecting flight for both is through Atlanta. Flights from Guayaquil all go through Quito, Peru. Tauck only gave us one option, arriving in Peru @ 11:30 pm and leaving Guayaquil @ 6:30 am. Cost $2250! Of course, the first class on the return is more equivalent to business class. Going it is Delta One.

The "sergeant" would not look any further than the fare and schedule on her screen. We called on another trip and got the "nice agent." I asked the question about booking alternative airfares, given British's experience. I let her know I had already booked this trip but she took the time to explore and gave me a lot of info and encouraged us to make alternative plans. The "nice" agent looked for the Delta flight and could see it but she said no tickets were available. I think she was looking for business class and these flights do not have business. In the future I will be looking to get the "nice" agent and not deal with the "sergeant" if I can help it.

We plan on relaxing at the hotel before returning home.

I learned a lot planning this trip.

• Options

bucketlist - Is Quito, Peru anywhere close to Quito, Ecuador? :D

• Options

🤪😂😂

• Options

Our tour is only Galapagos;I chose our flights with one connection thru Miami;we land in Guayaquil;with adequate connecting time for us “slow moving folks”.The only sacrifice is not sleeping in the hotel on the last day.Looked at flights again this morning;there were no good choices for our return.

• Options

I love being edited! :-) I am not perfect.

• Options

bucketlist - Feel free to 'tease' me anytime (which is often) I make some kind of error, humorous typo, etc. in one of my posts. It's all done in fun. Based on your smiley face, it appears that is how you took my teasing. I'm sure you will enjoy your Galapagos tour. It's my second favorite all time, right behind K&T Classic Safari.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file