USA Passport Turnaround

We both needed extra pages for international travel and that option is no longer being offered. We completed the renewal paperwork, had new photos taken, paid the fee for expedited service (including express mailing on the return) and mailed it off to Philadelphia. Much to our surprise it took only 31 total days to get the new ones in our hands with a new passport number. Maybe we were lucky or had good timing. Our one disappointment is they no longer void the old passport and return it. So many memories gone. We look forward to using our passports in 2022.

Comments

• A vestige of the past, like the green books.

• Nice to know... Maybe it's best to claim passport got destroy by dog or lost , that way you can keep old one...:)

• You were very lucky, AshvEd, to receive your passport so quickly. I posted my experience with an expedited passport request under a separate thread. I did receive my voided passport about one month after receiving my new one.

• @kfnknfzk. Glad to hear that they may be returning voided passports in a later mailing.

• AshvEd****you may get your old passport back. If I remember correctly, two years ago when I renewed my passport, the old passport was returned in a separate mailing. This was different than previous times when I received everything back in one mailing. My fingers are crossed for you. It’s always nice to take a trip down memory lane as you flip through the pages of your passport.

• When we applied for US citizenship, we had to provide the authorities with every time and when and where we had been out of the US. Without old passports, it would have been almost impossible. We did not know whether any omissions would cause problems or delays

• I also seem to recall when I renewed my passport at the end of 2019, I received my expired passport a week or so later under a separate mailing.