Recent Cape Cod Travelers: Please post details of your trip.

Would love to hear from recent Cape Cod travelers. Please post details of your trip, especially how people handled staying safe from Covid on the bus and during meals.

Comments

• The bus is easy, just everyone wear masks. Meals may be in shifts or hey maybe in your room by then who knows. I’m going to Cape Cod at the end of September.

• We’re leaving in 11 days, will provide updates

• njhoo: Thank you. Looking forward to hearing your updates.

• Good luck, everyone...Hurricane Henri on way this weekend. Travel gods busy again.

• Maison Villatte is a fabulous French bakery in Falmouth. You will be reacquainted with many memories of visits to cafes and bakeries in France and not be disappointed.

• Going to Cape Cod and Martha’s Vineyard at the end of September also. Can’t wait…

• We are also going to Cape Cod at the end of September. I was speaking to someone who had a friend just cone back from Cape Cod and she told her everyone is double masking.

• Supposedly there was an outbreak of COVID after Obama’s 60th birthday party. We are fully vaccinated but will definitely be conscientious. My husband had COVID even though he was vaccinated.

• c&s...I admire your indy spirit. I often check out Tauck itineraries, hotels, etc. b/f embarking on my own. I'm off to Maine in October; hotel prices were triple earlier in summer/fall and have recently risen again...Covid effect? I recommend a stop in Newport btw.

• @cathyandsteveg__ we are taking a road trip also and do the same exact thing- check out Tauck itineraries, etc. Newport is one of our stops also.

• edited September 2021

A quick update, we’re on Cape Cod today after the 2+ days on the islands. No covid outbreaks that we are aware of, masks are mandatory inside buildings and on the ferry unless you are eating/drinking. Actually having a great time with a wonderful group

• Njhoo. Do you mean people voted on the bus not to wear masks? You said ‘general agreement’ so I guess those who would like to wear masks were out voted. What did the tour director say? I guess some people continued to wear masks? It seems that if it is mandatory to wear masks inside buildings and ferries, then I would say it should be mandatory on a bus.
    I guess, as Tauck can’t be sued if someone catches Covid, it doesn’t really matter.
    It will be interesting to see what it’s like when we go to Cape Cod in just over three weeks.

• edited September 2021

Masks are being worn.

• edited September 2021

My hubby has no interest in the Tauck forum, but when I told him about this, he said it was outrageous! This is what I was afraid of months ago. Who is the TD?
    People just don’t think this out….let me just give you a simple example, just from my experience….so I keep seeing my three unvaccinated young grandchildren. I’m vaccinated, but I say goodbye to them to go on a Tauck trip, I test, I’m negative, but I unknowningly have just picked up Covid from them, I’m asymptotic at this point and am showing a false negative test, it’s too early for the infection to show up. I meet people on the tour, they are vaccinated, but neither of us are wearing masks and so on and so on, this is how the virus spreads. You can’t trust anyone, that is not how Covid picks its victims.
    For once, I agree with you BKMD

• For once?! lol

• Yes, this is unfortunate TD behavior and should drive a new round of cancellations. I know some Forum contributors find some of us overcautious and find cloth masks useless, etc. You have no idea what someone near you has been exposed to. I stay masked except in my own home and just turned down another dining invite. Unfortunately I don't see this changing anytime soon.

• I thought wearing a mask on a bus is a TSA requirement?

Friday, August 20, 2021
    WASHINGTON – The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is extending the face mask requirement for individuals across all transportation networks throughout the United States, including at airports, onboard commercial aircraft, on over-the-road buses, and on commuter bus and rail systems through January 18, 2022.

• I thought so, too, but It's unclear whether only public transportation is included. You don't have to mask up in your private vehicle. A shame nobody on that bus raised the issue..

• I’m sure the minorities were afraid to say anything, that’s why the TD should be relied upon to follow the guidelines. And no, don’t anyone say you could still have mask, that’s only 50% effective as everyone wearing them

• I agree British. If they do a vote it should be by secret ballot and need to be unanimous to dispense with masks.

• Yes, I agree with you BKMD. I wonder who instigated this? I guess maybe someone thought a privately operated bus didn’t count…..or, we are Tauckers, we are above Covid, we can afford Tauck tours and like to take jackets to wear at Welcome and Farewell dinners 😂😂😂🤪🤪🤪

• I agree that there should not have even been a vote at all. Although a private touring bus is not public transport per se, the tour director's behavior was egregious in my opinion. Likewise, the tour participants were equally irresponsible by being willing to engage in such behavior and placing fellow travelers at risk. I wonder if the bus driver had any say at all. Probably not. Hopefully someone on the tour reported it when completing the post tour survey.

• On the Life on the Mississippi cruise whenever we rode the bus only a few people wore masks I was one of them. The TD dud not ask everyone to wear a mask in the bus, the driver did.

• Unfortunately, this is what I was afraid of. I would not be comfortable on a tour bus without everyone wearing a mask. We will not put ourselves in danger because the rules aren't being enforced. We are cancelling Cape Cod and traveling to the mountains instead without a tour group.

• Just a few weeks ago we took a Mississippi river cruise with another company as Tauck was all sold out and this was a last minute decision to take the tour. The boat owners on this tour are the same as Tauck uses. We were on a new sister ship (American Countess).

Masks use was pretty much enforced on the bus tours. Masks were also used on all the excursions with the exception of a couple of privately owned plantations where we were told we could take them off as everyone was vaccinated. On the boat itself masks were not used. Everyone was required to present a vaccine certificate prior to embarkation.

• After re-reading Tauck's own policy with respect to COVID protocols (refer to their Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)), they are violating their own policy. They state that masks must be worn on coaches. For those who are contemplating canceling, I hope you will let Tauck know precisely why. To me, it makes no difference whether the tour director felt pressured or if the guests felt pressured. This incident needs to be reported. Hopefully it is an anomoly and will be dealt with swiftly. I have to call Tauck tomorrow on another issue and will certainly bring this up.

• edited September 2021

Trip is drawing to a close today. Yesterday was impacted slightly by Ida, it was too windy in Newport harbor, so the tour was postponed till this morning and we did the city bus tour yesterday afternoon after lunch. The whale watch in Providencetown was amazing. For anyone concerned about the flight from Martha’s Vineyard to Nantucket, it was a very smooth easy flight....the pilots are very experienced. We are traveling with a wonderful group of folks and enjoying everyone’s company, conversations and experiences. We have many first time Taucks as well as many who have been before. This was our first travel in 22 months and we’ve greatly enjoyed the experience, our director and driver are two of the best...which in terms of Tauck is among a top notch group of travel experts as usual.

• Here is the part of the current info on the Tauck FAQ page dated August 31st

For tours in the US, in accordance with CDC guidelines, wearing a mask that completely covers the mouth and nose is required for all travelers while on public transportation. This includes our motor coaches as well as other modes of transport we utilize on our tours and applies when boarding, departing and/or seated on the coach unless eating or drinking.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file