Whirling Dervish Show?

Did you see a whirling dervish performance with Tauck? We saw one in 2009 on Viking's Pathways of the Pharaohs. (One evening on the ship.) Fascinating! We tried to see another on our own in Cairo, but it didn't work out. We are on the November 14 - 26, 2022 Tauck trip and will add 2 extra nights at the Mena House on the end. If the GEM is open, we'll hire a private guide to spend extra time there and are also considering the Whirling Dervish and Tanoura Show at the Welaket al-Ghouri Performing Arts Center inKhan al-Khalili.

Comments

• On our recent Jewels of the Nile trip, we did see a Whirling Dervish on Egyptian Night on the Zahra. Very entertaining.

• I saw a Whirling Dervish show in Istanbul, as part of the Treasures of the Aegean tour in 2011. That tour no longer goes to Istanbul.

• OBXnana...If the GEM is open, we'll hire a private guide to spend extra time there and are also considering the Whirling Dervish and Tanoura Show at the Welaket al-Ghouri Performing Arts Center inKhan al-Khalili.

I am green with envy. I really wanted to visit the Khan el-Khalili market and see the GEM but too impatient to wait yet another year. I sincerely hope there is a Whirling Dervish performance on the Zahra for the JE tour...23 days and counting B)

• While the Whirling Dervish performance I saw in Istanbul was interesting and different, I preferred the Flamenco demonstration in Granada, Spain (part of the Spain and Portugal tour) and the Sword Dancing demonstration in Korcula, Croatia (part of the Venice and Dalmatian Coast tour) better than the Whirling Dervish performance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file