Israel Closing Again

It appears Israel has again closed its borders through January 2022 due to the Covid Omicron variant. Here's hoping they will open back up before Tauck starts cancelling their 2022 tours to Israel and Jordan.

Comments

• nightmare from hell~!

• Morocco is closing, too.

BTW, interesting that they skipped Nu and Xi in the Greek alphabet progression. A Covid variant named Xi would have been poetic justice.

• I've been planning to pick up where I left off in March 2020 -- on the new "Jerusalem, the Red Sea and Petra" -- in March 2022. At this point, I'm not going to worry about whether the trip will happen. So much changes from day to day, and there's not a darn thing I can do about it.

• From what I read, Israel is closing its borders for two weeks to allow time to assess transmissibility of the variant. We are due to go on the IJ in late April 2022, so I’m not going to worry about it too much just yet.

• I’ve stopped worrying. I just don’t want to be marooned abroad, been there done that at the start of the Pandemic and it is frightening. Last week, we cancelled our Botswana tour before the new variant was announced. I’m just glad we booked a US tour to replace it. Our Israel tour is March. Looks as if Tauck will have phone calls off the hook today.
    I’m waiting to see when they change their updates page.
    I had not read about Morocco. Oh well, that’s another idea off the table

• Add Japan to the closure list, too.

• edited November 2021

Gee, remember when many of us were hoping the COVID situation would be under control and we could start traveling again by late 2020?!?!? :o:s

• It is interesting that the WHO has urged restraint on new travel bans. Even Fauci is urging restraint.

• I booked to move to the moon! , planet earth is infected. :)
    Yes, so everyone knows... the new variants will show every 4-6 months... maybe less- it's inevitable. even more if there's people not vaccinated. Plus it is of the same virus that mutates itself. We just have to live with it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file