January 5 updates

Tauck has updated its website today and there seem to be a number of tours cancelled. I'm sorry for those who have been looking forward to their tours in the next couple of months. Hopefully they will get back on track soon. I don't have anything scheduled until September and then again in October. I expect those trips to go as scheduled since they're in places that haven't had recent extended shutdowns. By the time I go in September, it will be almost 3 years since my last international trip and I am really getting antsy.

Comments

• It’s a sad situation. So far, Egypt is still a go….

• This is actually the second update in as many days. There was a 3 Jan update as well.

• Kayemoore, in my experience Tauck does inform those on tours of changes. I received notice of an itinerary change for a tour later this year.

• KayeMoore: Which Danube Tour have you booked? Have you actually received an e-mail from Tauck listing the proposed day to day itinerary. I am just curious as I just looked over all of the current Tours on The Danube and they all include at least one visit to a Palace for dinner, even the family cruises. If you look at the "full itinerary view", it lists all of the details. Now it is possible in today's environment that an itinerary may change, but Tauck would then notify you by e-mail of the changes.

• A friend was scheduled to go on Tauck's Morocco trip later this month. She did not get an e-mail from Tauck until after the cancellation was posted on the website. She has been traveling with Tauck since 2010, was very disappointed in how Tauck handled the notification.

• We got an email about a significant change to a tour itinerary just two days before we were due to make the full payment. I don’t think it was even Covid related, it’s a new tour and I don’t think they had checked current changes since they originally designed the tour. .we are still going, but it means a bus ride instead of a plane transfer, so it’s going to be a long day.
    I’m disappointed at the lack of current information on the website, but my husband says it’s because everything they post will have to be checked out by Tauck lawyers, especially if it is Covid related.

• Everyone has pertinent points of view. I know Tauck is doing the best they can; they want to. They've been in business for a very long time, and are probably as perplexed as we all are regarding how to stay on top of this situation for the last two years. The travel industry has surely taken a hit and the companies have to abide with all the changing national and international rules regarding travel. It seems to be steps forward and one sideways.

• milmil
    edited January 2022

Sugarcreek Hi.
    That's what Tauck is known for.. going the xtra mile, but some people just think bout themselves. and forget that Tauck is doing best they can under the circumstances and evolving events... they are not canceling because they like to see people suffer or to hear their complains .. they canceled tours for our own safety....