Options

COVID

We received a letter from Tauck spelling out some of the changes in their Covid vaccine mandates. As I read it they not only want you fully vaccinated but are requiring a booster. And if your booster is more than 180 days old it is not acceptable.
We are 6 people going on the Sept. 16 Bluegrass tour. All of us except for 1 had our boosters in December. So that is more them 180days before tour. With all the conflicting reports on the booster and considering the side effects I had with booster I will not be getting another until it is made for the current variant. What is Tauck trying to pull. One of us called Tauck and they said you must be boosted. We just came back from Tauck Magic of Morroco. No one checked for boosters. Just looked at the vaccine card and and gave it right back. Didn’t matter because 11 out of 18 of us got Covid. It just took one exposure to it in the country to have it spread to almost everyone. The only people that didn’t get it were the 4 people who had Covid in December.
Shows you just how well the vaccines work. Nothing like natural immunity. If you have any suggestions on this please let me know

Comments

• Options

I've read all the travel requirements for Taucks US tours on their website and this is the text

"All Tauck guests age 12 and older must be up to date with their vaccinations for COVID-19. If over 270 days have passed since your initial vaccination series, you must have a booster shot. In lieu of a booster shot, proof of recovery from COVID-19 is also accepted if within 180 days of travel."

There is nothing there about a second booster and the 180 days applies to recovery from covid.

Fyi, the vaccine does NOT prevent getting the virus. It's purpose is reducing the severity i.e. hospitalization or death.

• Options

Ok you are correct, and I did not imply that imply that the vaccine is worthless. In most cases it does reduce the severity of your illness
    So my question is why all the push for the vaccine and booster to travel in the US. If someone on the tour gets covid BA2 it will spread like wildfire masks, on or off. All the vaccinated people will get it and anyone who had it will not. We have to move on .

• Options

Can't answer the why unless they're just trying to be consistent.

• Options
    edited April 2022

Bella C. I don’t believe what you are saying is true about requiring a second booster as it has not been approved for people under 50 yet. What exactly were the side effects of your first booster? As Claudia states, the vaccine was never meant to protect you completely from infection. No vaccine has done that. If a good Kn 95 mask or N 95 mask is worn in every situation where you are near other people, it will protect you.
    There is no guarantee of a modified vaccine and the current one should give a good enough immune response to serious illness from most of the current variants. Do everyone a favor and get another booster, protect yourself from getting Covid and stop giving Covid another chance to mutate in your body and pass that on to someone else.
    Note, I made corrections, should have said under 50

• Options

British - So much incorrect info in your post above. You should delete it.

• Options

Wife and I, both 70+, got second booster two weeks ago.

• Options

We got ours yesterday.

• Options

We are mid seventies ….. got our second booster this past week. Will it help I don’t know but can’t hurt. Just want to take our two Tauck trips later this year and will do what it takes to get back to traveling.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file