Best way to see Parilament building in Budapest at night

For those that have done Tauck Danube cruise, westbound, from Budapest to Prague. We want to see the Parliament building lit up at night from the river and get photo ops. Day 3 is dinner on the ship as it leaves Budapest so I assume it will be too early to see the lights. Should we book a separate dinner cruise on Day 2?

Comments

• Yes, depending on the time of year the ship is likely to be underway too early to catch the best view. Alternatives to a dinner cruise would be to take Tram 2 which runs along the Danube up to the parliament building and back. Takes about 10-15 minutes and is cheap. This is the tram that lots of tour guides recommend to tourists. When we were there the ship was tied up really close to the old Central Market Hall. Alternatively you could cross one of the bridges to the other side of the river. If you have a hotel stay before the tour, I'd recommend talking to the concierge. You can even do that prior to arrival and they may have some recommendations.

• For a pre-stay, you could book a room with a view at the Carlton (not to be confused with the Ritz-Carlton!! :D ) across the river on the Buda side.

• Don't miss the inside of the building, either. I did the Central Europe land tour several years ago, which included a tour inside. it's a phenomenal building.

• So after calling and not being able to tell me an answer, we are booking a night cruise with a local company.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file