For US trips, is a cell phone photo of the Covid vax card sufficient?

Or is the actual card necessary to show the TD proof of vaccination?

Comments

• BKMD,

I can't speak for domestic flights and tours, but on international flights we had to show the original cards. We had so many documents that I can't recall if the agent at LAX even looked at them, but they were scrutinized by passport control in Amsterdam and again at the boarding gate. The tour director did look at them at the start of the cocktail reception, but I really don't know if a phone version would have been acceptable.

I wouldn't take the chance. I recommend carrying the original. Enjoy your trip and please post a review.

• My thoughts would be to make a copy front and back of the original. It sufficed for me on my 2 recent trips. You never want to lose the original. I’ve seen people whose original Covid card look so weathered and torn; hence, a copy.

• In North Carolina the Department of Health and Human Services has a Covid Vaccine portal which requires registration. We printed out a report showing all the details of our four jabs, and it has a QR code that authorities can scan. We'll be testing it out in a few weeks.

• We just used our phone photos of the card, but did carry paper copies of the original

• AshvEd
    12:13PM
    In North Carolina the Department of Health and Human Services has a Covid Vaccine portal which requires registration. We printed out a report showing all the details of our four jabs, and it has a QR code that authorities can scan. We'll be testing it out in a few weeks.

Vidant in E.NC has something similar- COVID shot record with QR code in “My Chart.” We took printed copies and the CDC card on J&E but we didn’t need to show either. One minor issue with the Vidant form is that the QR code was bumped to page 2 even before we got the second booster.

• Both Tauck and the airlines will ask you to upload your VAX card ahead of time. In our case on a recent trip to France that meant we never had to show our card because it was already imbedded in our digital documents.

• It can't hurt to also have a copy on your phone. Last year on the Switzerland tour we were having lunch and warned by the TD to bring our CDC cards as they would be checked. One of the few places it was needed then. Of course my husband managed to leave his in his bag under the bus. Thankfully the waiter was ok with the photo.

• When I arrived in Hawaii last week, the TD said they are no longer required proof of vax.