Options

Anyone back?

Hello. Anyone from first tour willing to share any tips, concerns and experiences? How was the trip?
Any info. would be appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• Options

mil, I keep waiting for someone to reply to your question. Wonder what the holdup is? It would be so great to hear from someone who has taken this trip during these uncertain pandemic times.

• Options
    edited May 2022

I do have a young friend who came back from Botswana recently but she was on a private tour I think with family, Their guide was a photographer and she said that was the last time he was going with the company. She said she had a great time but there was not much time to talk. I’m looking for another tour company to take me to that part of Africa that doesn’t include Victoria Falls so when she said the company was not going again, I did not pursue it.

• Options

Ladybombay, the hold up is participation in this forum is completely voluntary. Tauck employees don't provide the responses except in some very rare cases usually to do with technical matters.

The number of Tauck travelers who actually follow the forum AND provide comments is relatively small. And a fair number of those ask questions, seldom respond with a thank you, seldom answer questions and even more seldom provide unsolicited feedback.

I hope you luck out and someone who has the answers responds.

• Options

Thank you both, British and Claudia. I do understand the nature of this forum and others like it. I think I misspoke by using the word “holdup”. I am going to think positive thoughts, and hope that the reason mil didn’t get a flood of responses to her original question is that the travelers on the early May tour to Z, B and SA did not have any horror stories to share. Reading through different categories In this forum as well as others I have encountered recent travelers complaining a lot about COVID protocols and being quarantined overseas with little Tauck support. Some people do love to complain! Because I haven’t traveled since early March of 2030 I am so looking forward to this adventure, but I also want to be well prepared in case I experience any bumps in the road. Again, many thanks for taking the time to respond.

• Options

This year will be particularly hard to get participation since so many tours aren't full.

Ps - I assume you meant Mar 2020.

• Options

Claudia - “I assume you meant Mar 2020”, or else she’s a time traveler ( which would be a lot cooler ). 😀

• Options

Well if she is she can let us know when covid stops making life hard.

• Options

Yes, my last trip was March of 2020. Unfortunately, I had to give up time traveling because it made my husband too confused 😜

• Options

Here’s my prediction for when Covid stops making life hard for us - March 19, 2024 ( the first day of Spring in 2024 ). Why not, that date is as good as any, 😀

• Options

March 19, 2024? Isn’t that the same day the aliens land and set up the voting machines?

• Options
    milmil
    edited May 2022

Ladybombay HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Don't worry we'll have a fantastic time! and will make the experience our own.
    I myself, I'm ready for my Spa, my Cosmos and the animals............ I know I'll have a great one!
    Sometimes no advice is better....

• Options
    milmil
    edited May 2022

Ladybombay, have you already booked the Elephant Cafe? I also booked the Micro flight, flying over the Victoria Falls :)
    no walking with the lions, not enough time and I have already walked with them, different trip.

• Options

Yes, mil, I booked the Elephant Cafe and a spa treatment at Royal Livingstone, ahhhh. Don’t know about the opportunity to walk with lions. Can you fill me in?

• Options

Smiling Sam, that date would be the 4th anniversary of the COVID lockdown here in NJ, and the day I returned from my elegant Tauck adventure in SA. We had quite the trip!

• Options

Ladybombay Hello.
    I switched the walking with the lions for this:

There wasn't any time to book the lions because of the elephant cafe and the welcome cocktail party; so I booked the Micro flight
    at 8:00 am and we should be picked up for the elephant cafe @ 10:00-10:15 if transfer is by boat or 10:45 by bus.