May 25, 2022. Third time the charm

Originally was scheduled for this river cruise in 2020 then Covid came along. OK, I said to myself I’ll just make reservation for 2021, certainly everything would be a go in 2021. Wrong again. Here’s to hoping 2022 will be open to cruising.

Have reservations for the May 25, 2022 river cruise and trying out the new loft cabins (category 3).

Comments

• Saw your post and we will be on this same trip. So looking to seeing the Floriade!

• I just returned from this cruise on May 4. I thoroughy enjoyed it and hope you do, too! The Moselle was beautiful with much less boat traffic. Floriade wasn't open 100% when I was there - covid slowed their progress - but I still enjoed what I could see. My friend was in a loft cabin and she thought it was great! Have fun!

• Raymond_Rowland --- Please post a review, we will be in the LOFT cabins in NOV/DEC with 2 other couples for the Danube Xmas Market River Cruise. We, too, were supposed to have gone in both 2020 & 2021.

• Loft cabin was nice. Plenty of storage.2 sets in Controls for curtains/windows. One set near windows and one set next to edge of bed within reach without getting out of bed. Any specific questions you have please post and glad to answer.

• If we had and wanted to spend the money, we would go with a Cat 7 but we love the Cat 3 Loft Cabins on the Inspire class- they are the best bang for the buck. We will have our second experience this December.

• AlanS - …they are the best bang for the buck.

In your humble opinion! 😂😂

• Always. B)

• Our friends were in Cat 7 on the Danube, and we were in Cat 3. For our Rhine Enchantment in August, we are all in Cat 3’s. He’s using the money he saved to rent a house for a couple weeks on the ‘shore’.

• My husband I have only been on the ships that have Loft cabins once. We had the Cat 4 which I liked the room but not the proximity to the lobby and noise. My sister and bil had the loft and they loved it. We'd give them a try.

For the Douro we opted for the Cat 2 - 200 sqft cabin with a good sized bathroom but on the lower deck. I'm slightly nervous about not having bigger windows but the delta in price to what we normally have (Cat 6) is $2500 which is paying for 2 extra nights in the Tauck hotel, train to Barcelona and three days there. Easy trade off especially given we're only on the ship 7 days. On longer cruises a bigger room is nice.

For those that like the Cat 7 suites, what makes the price worth it? Asking out of curiosity not judgement.

• From my understanding and when I asked to physically see a category 7 stateroom, it is somewhat larger, there is a walk-in closet (yes, a walk-in closet), two sinks in the bathroom, a shipboard credit, a couch. For some, those extras are worth the price. The category 7 are not all the same on the various riverboats.

• Everyone has their preferences. For us it is not the price but the level of comfort and added amenities. We particularly enjoy having the walk-in closet, larger windows and couch. We view cabins as an extension of our home and simply enjoy having more room to relax. Again, it is simply our preference.

• If you have three in your party I don't believe the lower priced rooms are an option, unless you get two rooms.

• edited June 2022

Actually, the category 7 cabins are the same on all the boats insofar as the size and furnishings. There is only one sink, however. As I mentioned before, the Andorinha's category 5 is the same as the category 7 on the other boats.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file