Electrical Outlet Number/Locations on Newly Renovated Riverboats

2»

Comments

• Thank you for all the input guys. I finally managed to convince my wife to get this dual voltage travel dryer that is still 1875W and Ionic (something that she is very, very particular about). It was also CHEAPER than the converter that I was looking at, has more positive reviews than the converter I was looking at, and I have a strong feeling it will last longer and have more practical uses than the cheap converters that seem to be VERY hit or miss. Amazon free same day delivery...she can even test it out today.

• Woohoo!

• I won’t ever consider toting a hairdryer on a trip! A hairdryer is a hairdryer; it dries your hair. I also won’t bring high heels just to wear once or just twice and I still dress very presentable. There was a woman on one of our trips, that changed her handbag practically daily to match her outfit and a couple of those were Louis Vuitton bags! I will also not understand why some women travel with handbags that do not zip closed.

• I figured the hairdryer issue was the type used vs voltage. My hair is pretty easy to style so I consider I'm lucky to not need any particular hairdryer.

• I really don’t want to get into an argument, but I have several charging cubes AC to USB which look identical to an APPLE cube. I also have about 10 or so cables USB to Lightning and with some cube and cable combinations I get the “ This accessory may not be supported and it will NOT charge.

• If you really want to take your own, that appears to be a good choice, though one reviewer said it is way too big and heavy for travel. Cost = budget dust.

That being said, just be aware that though it automatically adjusts to the supplied voltage, it still draws a lot of current. Many foreign bathrooms have plugs that are only designed for low current/low wattage devices like electric shavers! (most outlets will have a label that says as much) While you might not let the smoke out of the hairdryer, you might do so to the outlet and/or at the very least pop a circuit breaker. And, of course, you may still need and adapter

• @RGM2 I have gotten that message with certain non-Apple cables, and on an older iPhone. But I haven't encountered it for quite a while and never on my current iPhone (13 pro).

• dogdoctor: I just got off the Savor, Cat 7. There are two 220V outlets on the left inside of the medicine cabinet and another two 220V outlets on the right inside of the medicine cabinet. I think the cabinet has 3 doors, IIRC. On the wall behind the credenza next to the fridge there is one 220V and one 110V outlet. I used the 110V outlet for my MacBook Pro charger without a problem. Next to each side of the bed there are outlets, I think they are only 220V but one of sides may also have a 110V but don't count on it. There are no built-in USB charging ports. There is also a 220V outlet on the wall up from the floor where the sliding doors and TV are, I think below the TV. I suspect they use that for vacuuming. There is also a 220V outlet on the wall in the walk-in closet. The 220V outlets are the common round type socket found in the majority of European - not the UK - countries.

If you are charging phones, tablet, laptops, etc. their chargers are almost always 100-240 volt inputs. You just need an adapter to change the plug from US to Euro. If you have other appliances like an electric toothbrush they typically are only designed for 110V but you can usually find 220V power supply adapters (wall warts) on Amazon for the specific models.

Have a nice trip!

• OurTravels34
    I won’t ever consider toting a hairdryer on a trip! A hairdryer is a hairdryer; it dries your hair. I also won’t bring high heels just to wear once or just twice and I still dress very presentable. There was a woman on one of our trips, that changed her handbag practically daily to match her outfit and a couple of those were Louis Vuitton bags! I will also not understand why some women travel with handbags that do not zip closed.

Considering I'm nearly bald and buzz my hair to 1mm - I'm with you no need for a hair dryer! Haha. And if I needed one I'd just use the local option.

But... my wife would say that not all hair dryers are the same! Between her Brazilian blowout combined with her type of hair, volume of hair, and that she wants a particular wattage and Ionic style of hair dryer - it just wasn't worth the argument. Nope, not going there. It came down to a choice of getting an unreliable high wattage rated power converter or getting a dual voltage ionic dryer. Since the dryer is more the more highly rated and cheaper option, that won the selection. But she still has to test it out. LOL

AlanS
    That being said, just be aware that though it automatically adjusts to the supplied voltage, it still draws a lot of current. Many foreign bathrooms have plugs that are only designed for low current/low wattage devices like electric shavers! (most outlets will have a label that says as much) While you might not let the smoke out of the hairdryer, you might do so to the outlet and/or at the very least pop a circuit breaker. And, of course, you may still need and adapter.

Will keep all of that in mind.

inlanikai
    dogdoctor: I just got off the Savor, Cat 7. There are two 220V outlets on the left inside of the medicine cabinet and another two 220V outlets on the right inside of the medicine cabinet. I think the cabinet has 3 doors, IIRC. On the wall behind the credenza next to the fridge there is one 220V and one 110V outlet. I used the 110V outlet for my MacBook Pro charger without a problem. Next to each side of the bed there are outlets, I think they are only 220V but one of sides may also have a 110V but don't count on it. There are no built-in USB charging ports. There is also a 220V outlet on the wall up from the floor where the sliding doors and TV are, I think below the TV. I suspect they use that for vacuuming. There is also a 220V outlet on the wall in the walk-in closet.

Thank you for that!

• Dogdoctor, it appears you adhere to the adage “happy wife, happy life”. I applaud that; it’s no easy task. I’ve been married 31 years and my HH (handsome hubby) is still figuring that one out. We’re both stubborn. He would pack his satellite dish and every gizmo and gadget if it would fit in a suitcase! I prefer to pack light and stay in a stateroom as little as possible and that means even getting ready which I can quickly do if need be.
    I hope you have a wonderful time.

• OurTravels34
    Dogdoctor, it appears you adhere to the adage “happy wife, happy life”. I applaud that; it’s no easy task. I’ve been married 31 years and my HH (handsome hubby) is still figuring that one out. We’re both stubborn. He would pack his satellite dish and every gizmo and gadget if it would fit in a suitcase! I prefer to pack light and stay in a stateroom as little as possible and that means even getting ready which I can quickly do if need be.
    I hope you have a wonderful time.

We've been married for 20 years, and I'm in the dog house often enough. ;) I tried to stand my ground on just using the dryers provided. Why rink any voltage issues and/or destroying what you bring? She wasn't having any part of it on this one. I just hope the damn thing works... I put quite a bit of time researching hair dryers, voltage and outlets for us just to wind up using the ones the hotels/Tauck provides. :D I'm so excited for this trip! My huge fears right now is mostly flights and cancellations and lost baggage. I'll be very curious to see how @JennyMiller does. I know they were flying out to Munich today.

• Think positive. I know it will all go well for all of you. It’s the quirks and mild mishaps that happen on a trip that are the most memorable! My daughter always remembers everything that went wrong, and now we laugh at them and there have been some doozies such as when I lost a passport! Long story super short: my hands were full of carrying everything for everybody and I dropped my passport in a European airport! I have a lucky star over my head because it turned up in lost and found at the airport! Can you imagine? My family was about ready to board the plane without me! Just kidding. I have no idea how that scene would have worked itself out. I carry a nice looking fanny pack now with the passports and boarding passes enclosed inside. Geez, I remember that one like it was yesterday. There’s been a couple of other similar scenarios and we still continue to have a good time.