Lake Como, Venice, Florence & Rome September 15, 2022 - September 24, 2022

This will be our first trip with Tauck, we will be traveling a day early to ensure we will be on time for the start of our tour. We are looking for some recommendations from previous travelers on this tour. What extra tip funds are needed, and should it be in Euros, or American cash ? Are men required to wear a sport coat for dinner? Is the Wi-Fi in the hotels sufficient for email usage? What was the weather like in mid September? Any other tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you all for your time, and advise.

Comments

• Wentzel63
    8:48PM in Lake Como, Venice, Florence & Rome
    This will be our first trip with Tauck, we will be traveling a day early to ensure we will be on time for the start of our tour. We are looking for some recommendations from previous travelers on this tour. What extra tip funds are needed, and should it be in Euros, or American cash ? Are men required to wear a sport coat for dinner? Is the Wi-Fi in the hotels sufficient for email usage? What was the weather like in mid September? Any other tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you all for your time, and advise.

Extra funds? You'll use mostly credit, but for cash- get it when you arrive in-country at airport ATM. Expenses- souvenirs and food (non-Tauck supplied meals).
    Tips in cash (USD or equivalent in local) for TD and driver- suggested amounts specified in final documents. Tauck handles the rest.
    Sport coat not required.
    Wifi good for email and light uploading- varies by hotel.

• Thank you for your time and comments.

• In general, the Internet access at hotels in Europe is quite good. - often 10Mbps or more. You can test how fast your access is by doing a Google search for "speed test" and selecting the Ookla option.

I use the Internet access for more than email, but not for streaming movies so I can't give any guidance for streaming movies.

• edited August 2022

We go on this Sept 18th. Anyone else going? Any recommendations from someone who has gone?

• I loved this trip. You will have a great time.

• We are going on this one Sept 19th. To my surprise our final docs indicate that the TD is only one needing to be tipped. It says the drivers are are taken care of by Tauck.

• If Tauck says they take care of it, then they will. That could be because you have multiple drivers. I did this trip in 2015. It was a great trip. Lake Como is absolutely gorgeous!

• It is always worth reading documents carefully about tipping as every tour varies about it. And now some people say Tauck is suggesting the actual total amount of tip on their final documents. I can only assume this is because there must be peoples who undertip on the suggested amounts

• My papers for the Kingdom and Dragons tour, also show the total amount for tipping. $10 a day - $140.00

• I just double checked our final paperwork. We are on the following tour to you and it does not say the total amount. It just says $10 a day!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file