Big 5 on B, SA &Z Tour

Looking to book the B, SA & Z tour for Aug '23. The brochures don't mention much about seeing the Big 5 on this trip. For those who have been on this trip, did you have the opportunity to see the Big 5?

Comments

• edited August 2022

Most assuredly. In many locations. You'll likely see at least two, elephant and cape buffalo, during the transfer from the airport to the Royal Livingstone if you take the water taxi. You'll see rhinos on Day 2- it is part of the itinerary, and lions and leopards possibly as soon as your first camp, Khwai River Lodge on Day 3 or 4. The leopard will be the most illusive but we saw them in daylight and at night. They are solitary so you won't see many.

• milmil
    edited August 2022

Viper Hi .
    Hope you're having a great time,I'm going on Sept. 10th and cannot wait.
    Please report any new info.- tips if possible as you get back. Here are some questions ...
    How were the Falls water levels?, what about the luggage weight enforcement by Airlink on the Maun-Cape Town flight, could you bring on board a under the seat carry-on ? and did the group spend the night out at Kalahari desert?
    Thanks.

• Mil they are looking to book for Aug 23, so I don't think they can help! But I am heading out this Wed 8/31 and so looking forward to it. Four years waiting for this one.

• rwilso 15 - Have a great time! Mil and I are a week behind you and look forward to anything about the tour that you have time to tell us 🦁🐘🦒

• rwilso15 HI
    Well, certainly wishing you an incredible trip, and if the questions above are possible for you or anyone to answer I would appreciate. :)
    4years,,, Wao!, I've waited 2 and cannot keep myself imagining everything I want to see and do.
    I booked the Microflight, The Elephant Cafe both in Livingstone, The Whale and Penguin watching as extras in Cape Town, 3 Spa massages total through the entire trip , also a cooking Class in Cape since I'm staying 2 xtra days .. , I'm so booked on everything I could do.. I'll need another week to relax.
    Have a great trip!!!

• Ladybombay I missed the part were Viper says it's for 2023. So, we might be the ones giving info away to them....
    I got too excited when I saw 8/23...

• Mil & Ladybombay, not promising any real time updates unless I find a "not to be missed" that I know you don't know about. You like me have been interrogating this board for the last few years and know all there is to know about this trip without actually having been on it. Enjoy! I am sure we will all be comparing notes when we get back.

• rwilso15 HI.
    Thanks for responding, Yes! I do ask questions, lots of them :)
    As I do my homework... way ahead of every trip :) it helps me to scheduele some extra activities and also I can plan my day better. I do a different destinations every year and for a many years,I used to travel on my own (no tour groups) So,I learned to do my own logistic.
    Believe me even with all the info I have.. there is always the Tauck surprise factor and that I like to keep as is.. I just like to plan.
    Thanks again, we'll keep in touch.
    Have a lovely day, I'm out of the office today, taking day off- to relax. I'm 4 working days from Vaca! Alleluyah!
    :)

• cathyandsteve, what stunning photos! How hot is it? Keep having the best time 🦁🐘🦒

• cathy and steve, sorry I was confused and thought you were currently on safari. Layers will definitely be my friend on this trip.

• Beautiful pictures. May I ask what camera and lens were used for these stunning photographs?

• Cathy - I assume Steve gets you to help carry his lenses! :D

• cathyandsteve
    Wao! 13lbs it's a lot. My lens is 3lbs something + the phone + Amarula bottle . so I'll be carrying about 8lbs daily.
    Cathy tell me something , does Steve turns off his camera during takes or does he keeps the battery running for a while.
    I'm taking 3 batteries with me and also an extra wireless charger for my phone.