Options

Cost of a Pre-stay?

Does anyone know where the price of a paid pre-stay is listed on the main website tour pages? It used to be under Accommodations > Arrive Early but it was not there for the half a dozen tours I just looked at.

I know it will be listed on the Summary of Purchase you get after you've booked.

Comments

• Options

Alan...I also noticed the pre/post hotel stay prices were missing. Perhaps Tauck stop including due to competitor pricing. Many people often complained it was less expensive to secure rooms via the hotel website--the only downside was the hassle of switching rooms if the category of room selected was different than the Tauck rooms.

• Options

Alan I think the only way right now is to call Tauck.

• Options

Here is my theory. With the website being so slow to correct everything. I assume it is easier to not publish the prices so they don’t have to change that part of the page for each year. Or it could be hotel prices are changing all the time since the oil crisis and Covid that they want that part of the tour price to be a bit flexible so far out.
    We pretty regularly receive uncorrected emails and paperwork from Tauck these days. Our most recent, thanking us for booking our upcoming 2022 small ship cruise….we haven’t booked a 2022 cruise, we booked a January 2023 cruise months ago…we quickly checked our booking and ours was correct. They just forgot to change the year on the correspondence.

• Options

I always ask my TA to find out how much it would cost to book extra nights at the Tauck hotels through Tauck and then compare. Sometimes I have Tauck do it; sometimes I do it on my own. On my recent tour that ended at the Sheraton Grand in Krakow, I calculated that it would be cheaper to book a room on my own with club access for my extra nights (so breakfast and evening snacks and drinks (which substituted for dinner) were included. Turns out that the hotel upgraded my room for the full 5 nights to a "club" room, so I didn't have to change rooms -- and I got a welcome gift of fruit, chocolate and macarons in my room that other Tauck guests did not get. (I did leave tips for housekeeping for the 2 nights that Tauck did not book for me.)

• Options

I just booked a post stay at the Intercontinental Madrid. $475. Trip is not until October 2023. Using GOT for pre stay