Options

COVID Bivalent Booster

edited September 2022 in General Discussion

This is not a debate on if or should you get it, I just wanted to post to the community that...

1. yes the Pfizer and Moderna bivalent boosters have been approved
  2. yes the Pfizer and Moderna bivalent booster have been shipped to pharmacies
  3. yes you can mix and match if you would like

I (age 45) got my Moderna bivalent booster on Sunday - sore arm and a little brain/fog headaches that ibuprofen/tylenol took care of. No issues today (Tuesday). I planned the timing as to not affect my work if side effects were significant.
My wife (age 45) got her Moderna booster today - will see what her side effects are tomorrrow.

Our kids (ages 12 and 15) are scheduled for the Pfizer bivalent (ages 12+) in 2 weekends. Will see how the kids fare afterwards.

Wishing the best of health to all those boostered, and those that are not.

Comments

• Options

Wow, Dogdoctor, where do you live? We haven’t found anywhere here in our PA area that has the vaccine yet and we leave for our trip today. I am actually expecting difficulty getting an appointment when we get back as our area has a very high vaccinated rate for the initial complete two dose requirement, so a lot more people will be available for this modified booster.

• Options

I had an email from Walgreens the other day (CT) to schedule the booster. Tons of appointments available.

• Options
    edited September 2022

British, We live in central Virginia and almost all our phamacies have the new vaccine avaliable as of today. I am getting mine tomorrow at Walgreens. Lots of times open here as well. However, our Wegmans does not have it yet. I mention that because of the Philly connection. Sorry you were unable to get yours before you leave.

• Options

I scheduled both the Covid bivalent and a flu shot for about 2 weeks from now, though they are available now. IMO, it's a little too early for the flu shot right now. "They" are predicting a more severe flu season this year and Australia had a rougher one during their ending winter.

• Options

Posting from far western Chicago suburbs. I logged on Saturday to CVS to schedule my booster for this coming Friday afternoon. Many appointments available. I will wait until I return mid October from Tauck French Escapade to schedule my flu vaccine. Walgreens sent me an email yesterday letting me know that they too had the Covid booster available.

• Options

My husband (physician) is getting his on Friday at Walgreens along with the flu shot. I prefer mine more spaced apart.

• Options

not sure why, but each time I was instructed not to use ibuprofen after jabs; other painkillers were ok.

• Options

We got our flu shots a few days ago. We always get them in early in September because that is when we usually start our major traveling and it is often to the Southern Hemisphere. Since I posted about not getting the new Covid booster, we filled in the special forms for Singapore last night and they talk about not accepting your last Covid shot if it was less than 14 days ago. It is really ambiguous, so maybe it’s as well we have not had it yet.

• Options

We are in an area north of Houston, TX. We have appointments at our the pharmacy in local HEB grocery store for the booster and flu shots tomorrow.
    Our shots have been Pfizer until now, but HEB only has Moderna so we are OK with that. Just want to be sure we get the flu shot for older citizens like us

• Options

We are getting the flue shots and the booster at Walgreens. We just made our appointments this morning.

• Options
    edited September 2022

Just got our flu shots at CVS. We have the Covid booster shot scheduled so we'll be fully juiced at full potency before we arrive in Cairo in early October.

• Options

Flu and a very past due second pneumococcal vaccine scheduled for tomorrow; updated COVID-19 booster scheduled for next Monday.

• Options

For those of us who have recently recovered from Covid (Tauck Ireland trip day 1 :s ) they are saying wait a while since our antibodies are already high and the booster won’t do much. We will probably get the booster a couple of weeks before our Rhine Enchantment trip at the end of October.

• Options

Hah. We've been on a vaccine spree in the past two months. 2x Hep A and B, plus Tetanus for India in October. Shingles. And now the new Covid shot, which we'll get 10 days before we get on the flight to Delhi. My wife and I both had Covid in June, but no idea what variant. So, if it wasn't BA4/5, the new shot should get us up to speed.

• Options

Waiting three months is the recommendation

• Options

We leave next week for the Ultimate Alps & Dolomites. We just had our 4th shot beginning of August- so it’s too early for us to get the Bivalent Vaccine. I don’t feel very protected with our most recent shot as many of my nursing friends got pretty sick with Covid not long after their 4th shot…. But we will be getting the Bivalent vaccine mid November before our Danube Xmas Market River Cruise. I’m hoping after this one- we will be down to annual Covid vaccinations like the flu shot (which we’ll get in Oct).

• Options

JohnS, We are also on the Rhine Enchantment trip, Milan to Amsterdam, starting Oct. 23rd. Glad to have this booster before the trip.