Waterfalls

Waterfalls are a big attraction for me (who knows why). Booked on the South America tour next October and Igauzu Falls is in its itinerary.

I came across this article and I thought it might be of interest to other Taucktourians.

https://travel.earth/25-wondrous-waterfalls-you-must-see/

Comments

• I’ve seen three of those on the list, but hope to add more with trips to Iceland and South Africa:EA in June and September 2024, respectively.

• Wow, the beauty and variety of that list. I like falls too. They're hypnotizing to watch like ocean waves or camp fires.

• JanP - If the itinerary in Iceland remains what it was in 2021 then you would pick up Gullfoss waterfall. The other waterfall in Iceland in the top 25 list isn't on the itinerary. So if you want to see it you'd have to arrange a pre or post tour visit on your own.

Cathy - Like you I've been to most of the countries listed but haven't seen many of the waterfalls. I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't seen any of the waterfalls listed in the USA.

• Iguazu Falls is spectacular. Be prepared to get wet which will be wonderful because of the heat. You will see the Falls from two different countries. I’m sure there are National Geographic you tubes on the Falls thst would be worth to watch. One of the Falls, if I remember correctly is called The Devils Throat. I’ve never heard Falls thunder such as these do. The views are breathtaking.

• Not a big waterfall fan (yes, gravity works :) ) , but I've been to four on the list.

The greatest concentration of waterfalls I've seen is Norway in late Spring/early summer. Just about every cliff surrounding the fjords has hundreds of narrow waterfalls dropping hundreds of feet.

• Iguazu Falls is AMAZING. Are you taking the Essence of South America tour? One of our favorites. It was great to be able to see the falls from both the Brazil and Argentina sides. I read an article that said Eleanor Roosevelt is reported to have said "Poor Niagara" when she saw Iguazu. Absolutely correct assessment!

• Also, poor Victoria (after viewing these Falls). Wear waterproof shoes or sandals.

• judy05 - Yes we're taking the Essence of South America tour. I'm looking forward to the jet boat ride excursion at Igauzu Falls.

For any that have experienced Iguazu Falls, do you have a feel for the water temperature (we're going in October)?

• BKMD
    Not a big waterfall fan

I know you like your water in the form of snow so that you can ski.

• I've seen eight on the list!

• Noreen - Eight, lucky you. You're the reigning Tauck Waterfall Queen! :D

• We’ve seen 7…it never occurred to me to count them…Iguazu Falls is thunderous, enormous and as already noted…you will get drenched but it mattered not! Love waterfalls too!

• **Nancy **- Close, but you don't take over the title of Tauck Waterfall Queen. :D

With seven, I'm stilll jealous.

• We've seen 4 on the list. I agree with Smiling Sam - there is something special about waterfalls!

• edited November 2022

Although not on the list, the Seven Sisters within the Geiranger Fjord in Norway (sometimes a trickle and sometimes roaring) and Montmorency Falls in Quebec, Canada, are beautiful, as well.

• Agree about Montmorency Falls.

• A couple from the NW not on the list are Multnomah Falls just east of Portland and Snoqualmie Falls a bit east of Seattle.

I’m sure each of us can name a waterfall or two that we grew up near and enjoyed. 😀

• The Great Falls in Paterson, NJ. A national park.

• Bushkill Falls in the Poconos. Hiked there with my kids when they were young. It's laughingly referred to as "The Niagara Falls of Pennsylvania."

• Smiling Sam - I love my new title!