Options

Tauck app

When will the Tauck app be available? The last entry in the forum said the app would be available in 2022, but I still get an error message when I try to log in.

Comments

• Options

I doubt anyone, even Tauck IT, has a good answer to that. No rumors.

• Options

The app when it was around was pretty hopeless because the tour leaders never used it, so we still ended up wit the green book and the daily paperwork. Until Tauck starts to make up for all the money it lost due to the Pandemic, I think it will be low in priority to get up and running and better than before. I’d rather see the nice printed green book come back first or a smaller version of the final paperwork they now email us so it can be green book size.

• Options

I saw a comment about the application in one of the newsletters that Tauck publishes. I tied to find it, but I just recently emptied my computer's trash bin. I want to say that a new version will be released later this year. I may certainly be wrong, however. Perhaps someone else saw it and will comment. Since I barely use my mobile phone while traveling, I probably would not use it. Yes, I miss the green book and hope it returns.

• Options

I don't know anything about the APP. What would it do?

While on our RiverCruise in Dec., they were 'trialing' a phone APP thing that was new, one of the 'reps' was even on the cruise with us to help us with it, but it was too new, not working well, and most of us weren't interested in dealing with it while on vacation - we did have to fill out an evaluation and most of us were unimpressed. I'm not sure if this was to be part of this APP or just something for the cruise.

I, also, miss those GreenBooks terribly -- but I don't think they will be returning, unfortunately.

• Options

The physical green book might not be a thing anymore as much as I also miss it. I like highlighting and underlining information for me to refer to. I line all the information I need in one place. I’m just old-school and anything on paper to be mailed and/or distributed unfortunately isn’t current in this day and age .

• Options

The one thing I like about the e-Green book is that, while it can be a bit of a pain because it is a pdf document, is that I can copy portions of it (brief itinerary and hotel info) and paste it into another doc or an email that I can send to friends and relatives. It would be easier to do if I had full-up pdf editing software. :#

• Options

Alan, we just email the hotel info to the kids.

• Options
    edited February 2023

I did some experimenting with printing the electronic greenbook using the advanced print function to print 2 pages per sheet of paper AND printing front and back. Was sort of successful in that I did get 4 greenbook pages per sheet of paper but they were in opposite directions. No doubt operator error.

If Tauck isn't going to bring them back I wish they'd improve the layout.

For terrilynn, the app was a phone app that pretour gave you some information like the basic itinerary, a countdown to your start, and information from Fodors guidebooks. Once on tour it was supposed to have the list of guests on the tour and the detailed daily itinerary. The few tours I had it the guest list was never correct and the day to day only correct if the TD updated it which they often didn't. Hopefully the relaunch (if it happens) will be better.

• Options

The app was useless and not kept updated.

I, tooi, miss the Green Book. I dp double-sided printing of select pages

• Options

Yes Cathy, we do a less sophisticated version of that now, but what we Iike most about the original green book is it’s small size which is much easier to pack and take with us, even easy to carry around in the day bag if you want to. I think that is also what most people miss.

• Options

Update to my 25 Feb comment about Tauck's application. It was mentioned in the cover letter to my e-green book, not a newsletter. The application will supposedly be released late fall of this year. A friend of mine recently received her e-green book but her cover letter made no mention of it.

I think terrilynn was correct that it was being tested on her cruise. Regardless, I'll rely on my own research, prior experience and/or suggestions from fellow travelers on sights to explore and restaurants.