Options

best time of year to do the aus/nz tour?

we would love to do the combined tour
key is ideal weather for both
thinking novemeber?
thanks
david

Comments

• Options

I did Australia/New Zealand in November and the weather was great. Of course, each year is different.

• Options

We went in March, and while we got some rain, for the most part it was glorious. Smiling Sam is right, though. Each year is different. We caught the end of Cyclone Michael up by the Great Barrier Reef and it bucketed! But it was late summer, flowers were blooming...

• Options

We enjoyed both spring and fall (U S spring/fall months) due to cooler temperatures. Our experiences were long before climate change was as dramatic as now, however.

• Options

I went in October. Southern NZ was a little on the cool side (upper 40s first thing in the morning, high around 60). I like cool weather, so didn't bother me, but the SoCal folks were in puff jackets and gloves :) That said, it was perfect for Aus, as it wasn't too hot yet, especially in the Outback and Queensland.

• Options

I did October/November and the weather was great!

• Options

We went in late December and returned early January.Weather was great.One thing to remember that time coincides with their summer vacation.On our return in early January the airports were very crowded from thei vacation travelers!

• Options

We’re going this year in October/November. We have friends who live outside of Sydney and they recommended that, which is their spring. Glad to hear from others that the weather was good at that time of year.

• Options

I took the combined tour in December...The weather was glorious. It was cooler in New Zealand in the mornings and there was snow when we took the helicopter ride. A light jacket was needed (for most). Great trip...Enjoy!

• Options

mfrancis, we'll see you there.

• Options

I travel to Aust/NZ, and the Southern Hemisphere in general, in July and August to escape the hest in North America. Tauck has repeatedly told me its clientele do not like cooler temps that are my ideal. So I would have to recommend September, given Tauck's offerings. My "summer" visit to NZ was delightfully uncrowded, a great time to mingle with the locals.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file