Options

Giraffe Centre in Nairobi

Has anyone visited the Giraffe Centre in Naiobi? I'm thinking about going to visit there the last day of my trip. If so, how did you get there and what is the safest way? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options

Haven’t been. Just my opinion, you will see so many giraffes on safari, will you need to see any more. If you want to feed giraffes, check out your local zoo, we have two zoos nearby where you can hand feed them.

• Options

There have been posts about it in the last two years or so. Check out the K&T forum archives or do a search.

• Options

I have been there snd it was a very nice memorable experience with the giraffes. We were up close and personal with the giraffes.

• Options

We had friends who stayed at Giraffe Manor the day of arrival in Nairobi instead of doing the dayroom at the Nairobi Serena. As I recall they had a pickup at the airport to the Giraffe Manor, and then arranged their own transport to the airport the following night. They said it was wonderful. I think you need to stay there to enjoy the experience.

• Options
    milmil
    edited July 2023

TraceyL Hi.
    I did it on the last day of my K&T safari tour, I told the TD ahead of time, she (Anna) schedule a transfer on a private car to the Giraffe center and then to the hotel. We spend about 1h. 15min or so.
    You will have to pay for the transportation, not much, but do what I did. - I spread the word to the group and 3 others joint me, so it was great.
    So, the place it's small, they do have an info center, a shop and a refreshment cafe and then the Giraffes, at that time they had 5 and 1 baby.Now, this place shares several acres with the Giraffe Manor, so some giraffes go back and forth between the 2.

I would do it again, it is fun and an experience. The other option it's the elephant orphanage. The problem with it, it's timing- it is about 30-40 min. and you only get to see the babies for 30min. as they get fed. no touching or playing with them . Only VIP people with special permits do interact with them.

The elephant feeding time it's specific and depending on the time you land at Nairobi, it may be impossible to see it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file