Options

2023 Itinerary Changes w/No Email Notification

Noticed my final Tauck documents for my early Feb 2023 trip no longer has some line items I was really looking forward to (& we were not sent change items regarding these things). They are still listed on the Tauck website for this trip. For example; Museum of Old and New Art in Hobart, tour of Sydney's less-visited, hidden treasures with a local guide, and the Blue Mountains visit from Sydney.
Reached out to Tauck last week looking for input and have not gotten answers. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2023

You may or may not receive a notice of change(s). Remember "( . . . reserves the right to make changes, . . . . )" You may see additional changes in the daily go sheets you will get from your TD when you are on tour.

• Options

That’s why we are always nervous to book additional tours during the actual tour, because I’ve known the entire days switch round etc

• Options

And just because the items aren't listed it doesn't mean they won't happen. When we took our Brittany/Normandy tour in 2021 the itinerary on the website and the one sent to us in the documents didn't match. Turned out the website was correct. If you're really concerned I'd call Tauck and ask.

• Options

If the tour doesn't go there, try to get to MONA on your own. I I hated parts of it and enjoyed parts of it -- and am so glad I went, because it was so unusual. I took the catamaran from downtown Hobart to get there.

• Options

As I was looking into trips for 2025, in the Daintree Rain forest, many of the dates have switched from Silky Oaks to a Sheraton Port Douglas. I am really afraid after I book a date that includes Silky Oaks (was so looking forward to this atmosphere), that there will be a change. Also is a huge difference in prices, which are not reflected in the tour price. ($1000 at Silky Oaks to $$250 to stay at the Sheraton if you were booking on line by your self). Any one have info on this?

• Options

We took the tour in 2012 way before the Silky Oaks, we had a great time, it’s not the hotels we remembered from that tour, it’s the sites. Some of the hotels were pretty basic back then, still the tour was very reasonably priced.

• Options

We stayed at Silky oak around this time last year. It was absolutely lovely until the rains came and flooded the only bridge that provided an exit from the property. Flooding was so heavy that we couldn’t even see the bridge rails on the cameras. So we stayed an extra day there in the pouring rain, which left us will little to do and as a result missed the trip to the koala farm and lost a night in Sydney. So perhaps they think certain times of the year it’s best to stay elsewhere.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file