Tauck App

Has anyone had trouble getting the app for an upcoming tour?
I am leaving for a Tauck tour early Thursday. I have had the app for the tour open on an old big iPad for weeks. Yesterday on my small travel iPad which still had the app from my previous tour on it, I made the mistake of logging out of it and then was unable to get the app for my upcoming tour. It kept telling me to check my internet connection or that my email or password was incorrect. I tried to change my password, got confirmation from Tauck, but still no luck. I tried reloading the app. Mr B could not load the app on his mini iPad he travels with either. We can both open it on our phones. I don't usually turn my phone on while on a foreign trip unless I need a map or want to make a call, not usually necessary when I am traveling with Tauck. I'm an iPad fan, obviously! Mr B emailed Tauck yesterday, but it could be days before we get a reply.

Comments

• The app is working on my iPad and comes up to the main screen...however out next trip has not become available so I am unable to tell if it is fully working.
  • edited January 2019
    It is working for me on the iPad- 138 days, 9 hr., 51 min., 20 sec. until our Botswana trip begins!

However, I'm not too sure the app will be helpful or used on the Botswana trip, especially with no internet in some areas and no restaurants within a 100 mi. or more of Camp Kalahari! : ~ )
  • I've had the app for two trips and haven't used it for either one. I don't find it useful.

Personally, I don't subscribe to international cell phone service while on these trips. I can use voice and texting over wifi when a decent connection is available, which is usually only in the hotels (and only some of the hotels).
  • edited January 2019
    BKMD wrote:
    I've had the app for two trips and haven't used it for either one. I don't find it useful.

Personally, I don't subscribe to international cell phone service while on these trips. I can use voice and texting over wifi when a decent connection is available, which is usually only in the hotels (and only some of the hotels).

So here is the latest. I can see my upcoming trip on my ancient iPad, but I cannot get it on my mini iPad I travel with I've tried numerous times today but it keeps saying either no internet connection or wrong password etc. etc
    I can't write anything on the forum on that iPad either because It just gives me the option to 'quote' or report abuse. Anyone else with this problem today? Mr B can no longer see the app on his phone now, but he could earlier today. He doesn't really look at the app and has no interest in the forums.
    The app is useful for the general itinerary, though not the actual fine details while on the tours, but this tour I was relying on it for the maps and not having to keep getting the green book out.
    Perhaps the new website is about to become live!
  • British - By chance did you hit your Caps Lock or Num Lock key by accident (assuming your iPad has them)?

For maps, to navigate within visited cities, prior to a trip I download offline maps in google maps for the cities to be visited. Although it won't do walking routes (only driving routes) in offline mode, it is still helpful.
  • BKMD wrote:
    British - By chance did you hit your Caps Lock or Num Lock key by accident (assuming your iPad has them)?

For maps, to navigate within visited cities, prior to a trip I download offline maps in google maps for the cities to be visited. Although it won't do walking routes (only driving routes) in offline mode, it is still helpful.
    and

Capitalizing caused me to have password issues. My virtual keypad on my phone automatically capitalized the first letter of the password so the app was rejecting it. Once I forced it to lowercase it let me log in. My May river cruise still wasn't showing up so a limited victory.
  • we have had some emailing with Tauck and partially sorted out. i gather i am not the only one who had difficulties this weekend. I'm about to try to download the app again. Thanks to everyone for their help
  • We also noticed that the last trip remained on the App and had not updated the next trip later this month. What I found helped was to delete the app from the phone or iPad. Then when you reinstall the app, it will show the next trip. Hope this helps.
  • Hey how does this app work? I'm a new traveler. I didn't use it before. I would like to learn and try.
  • shiranb wrote:
    Hey how does this app work? I'm a new traveler. I didn't use it before. I would like to learn and try.

It only works if you are a Tauck traveler and have booked a Tauck trip.
  • AlanS wrote:
    It only works if you are a Tauck traveler and have booked a Tauck trip.

Oh, sorry. I thought everyone can use this. Thanks!
  • Anybody notice a couple of weird posters the past 2 days?
  • edited February 2019
    BSP51 wrote:
    Anybody notice a couple of weird posters the past 2 days?

Yup, James Brown being one of those- I remember him from past years. He makes innocuous posts that offer nothing but unfortunately don't break forum rules, at least as interpreted by Tauck IT. I believe shiranb is one also.
  • AlanS wrote:
    Yup, James Brown being one of those- I remember him from past years. He makes innocuous posts that offer nothing but unfortunately don't break forum rules, at least as interpreted by Tauck IT. I believe shiranb is one also.

Bingo!