Options

Stimulus

2»

Comments

• Options

Alan - depends on the type of REIT. Those invested in shopping malls, yes. Those in warehouse storage and industrial, not so much.

• Options

BKMD
    BTW, real estate had almost nothing to do with it.

Are we neglecting the condo at the ski resort? Aren't condos considered real estate? :D Probably like most of us any accumulated assets were mainly achieved through 40+ years of work, investing along the way

Just a thought on the goggles fogging up. If you're skiing is like my morning walks, during the cold winter mornings, when you first start out your body is still adjusting and acclimating, perhaps huffing and puffing a bit more. By the end of my walk my body temperature has reached an equilibrium with everything (so by 11am perhaps your body has reached an equilibrium with things, including your goggles). So I'm conjecturing it is temperature related, but more a body temperature reaching an equilibrium point with your environment, as opposed to the raw outside temperature. To test this pure conjecture of a theory you would have to hold off and start your skiing at 11 AM when it is 30 and see if the goggles still fog up when you first start skiing (I know that will never happen - like putting a kid in a candy store and telling them no candy for 4 hours - Not going to happen).

• Options

The ski condo is not an income stream (until I sell it, as it has doubled in value since I bought it) as I don't rent it out. It's an expense consisting of real estate taxes, HOA and other maintenance fees.

Interesting theory on the goggles. In any case, I have a few errands to run later this morning, so will stop at one of the local ski equipment stores I'll be passing and see if they have any anti-fog solution. That stuff worked well for swim goggles, ao hopefully will do the same here. You are right about not waiting until 11 AM. Only time I don't start at 9 AM is when the temp is below zero. Then, I'll wait a little while for it to warm up a bit. :)

• Options
    edited January 2021

Sam, last time I thought about the definition of a mammal, it was that their bodies keep the same temperature, otherwise we are reptiles and don’t move much until we get warm enough, so we can ski😀

• Options

No stimulus for me.