Options

Will covid vaccine card be mandatory to group travel?

Is TAUCK requiring everyone to have proof of covid vaccine to do group travel ?

Comments

• Options

I think you will have to call Tauck and ask them Jo. At this rate, the only people in the usual demographic of Tauck travelers who might have received the vaccine all live in Florida
    Also now there is talk of not giving the second dose of vaccine until twelve weeks after the first, which is a total disaster as there is no science to back it up and not what the FDA approved the vaccine on, it’s going to be a long long time before any of us get anywhere near being 95% protected by any vaccine. I’m becoming disappointed with Fauci’s response on this one.

• Options

I think it is too early in the vaccine process for such requirements to be enacted. However, for international travel, I think that by mid-year a vaccine will be required either by the airlines or the country you are visiting (or both). Qantas said a while ago that it would be requiring the vaccine for international travel (when they resumed flights) and it was speculated that most airlines would follow suit.

Tauck's current policies for COVID can be found on their homepage.

• Options

first i have heard of not giving the second dose??? yes, i thought you had to have the second shot 21-28 later?????

• Options

TOPLINE Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the government's top infectious disease experts, told NBC’s Today Show Thursday that the United States is considering altering its current Covid-19 immunization protocols to dramatically increase the number of Americans inoculated, as the country is falling behind its inoculation targets and the U.S. desperately tries to stem the surge of the virus that has killed more than 7,400 people over just the past two days

I read the above quote from Thursday, has he changed his mind, or is your news more up to date?

• Options

A
    So, has anyone specified what constitutes an underlying condition, that could encompass many things and millions of people.

• Options

This is the only time I've regretting not having any underlying condition! Still, on the whole, it's probably a good thing. Wishing everyone good health in the new year.

• Options

British, Dr. Fauci was on Meet the Press this morning and he stated that the second shot has to be received within the 28 days for the vaccine to be effective so I guess he did change his mind.

• Options
    edited January 2021

Yes! Deviating from what was submitted to the FDA means that that becomes a clinical trial in itself! A none regulated one. It could mean the government could be open to be sued by anyone who had a reaction I should think.

• Options
    edited January 2021

My husband and I received the Moderna Vaccine on 12/26. We will receive the 2nd dose 28 days later on 1/23. We are 76 and 77. We got the call that we could go to our local college where a Drive-Thru Clinic is being held. My husband drove to the college, 7 minutes from our home. We were directed to a parking stall. Our IDs were checked, we filled out Registration Forms and checked we had no temps. We were injected by a student nurse (did not feel a thing) with the vaccine with a National Guardsman standing next to the cart with the vaccine. All was very organized and efficient; no waiting and the people were all upbeat. We waited for 15 minutes in case we had any allergies. During that time, we were given Vaccine Card with name and dosage of the vaccine we received and the date to return for 2nd dosage. We did not have any allergic reaction so we left both very happy that we got our first dose.

• Options

It sounds like things are organized in your state/locality. Where are you located?

• Options

We live in Hawaii...on Maui.

• Options
    edited January 2021

dmdiehl
    12:01AM
    We live in Hawaii...on Maui.

Hold the phone, we are on the way! :D

• Options

dmdiehl

One more reason to love Hawaii!

• Options

We just spoke to Tauck about our upcoming May 2021 Treasures of the Aegean tour on the Windstar and was told it was just cancelled by the vendor. He could not say what policy Tauck will be following on the vaccine yet since it was so dependent on the countries being visited.

The company is handling this well. We have a 2021 Sicily tour planned and are on a list for a 2022 Silver Origins cruise when the vendor opens registrations up - likely March 2021. That is a new ship that has not sailed yet. I found out you get the $250 for parking or using your deposit for a cancelled trip only once.

• Options
    edited January 2021

Dang! We are on a May 2021 Treasures departure as well! :(

I have no doubt it is true, but Windstar has not updated their 12 November Advisory that I posted earlier in this thread and there is nothing on Google about it.

• Options

We were on the May 13th trip. Tauck said so far two Windstar trips in May were cancelled and they had not started calling guests yet. Maybe if you are on a later date you will get lucky but I doubt it. While it disappoints us fortunate travelers, I feel badly for the support staff on the trips and the vendors on land that rely on our dollars to live a decent life.

• Options

I'm on the Cruising the Seine plus Paris and London in April, with all the problems in the UK I expect that it will be canceled for the second time. :(

• Options

bucketlist
    9:42AM
    We were on the May 13th trip.

We are (were?) on the 20 May trip.

• Options

We are going on the Seine plus Paris and London in August. Hoping for the best

• Options

Choc I'm on that cruise in April which will be canceled for the second time.

• Options

We just got Moderna shot one, and we got a card, and the nurse made an entry on our International Vaccine Records (yellow card), but she did not have a stamp, so she said to keep the two together.