Options

Recommended Reading Before Tours

I have taken 5 Tauck tours and scheduled for Grand New England on 9/26/21. In 4 of the 5 previous tours, Tauck sent recommendations for books to read about the upcoming tour. No recommendations came for the Warsaw oversees trip in 2019. Again, no recommendations for this Grand New England tour have been received. I truly enjoyed looking through those recommendations and picked several that I read. They enhanced my tours greatly. Why is Tauck not doing the recommendations again, or have I missed them?

Comments

• Options

Doglady - I suggest you submit your question to Tauck through the Contact Us interface at the bottom of the homepage.

• Options

I think the book company they partnered with went bankrupt several years ago now. Shame, I used to buy some of them. You could try googling various subjects. For example, for WARSAW, I would have put in History of Warsaw, architecture in Warsaw, things like that.

• Options
    milmil
    edited June 2021

Doglady Hi! Hope you had a good weekend.
    regarding the book suggestions,you should ask tauck, perhaps pass it on to Emily.. but "please" give Tauck a break, they have had a year from Hell and are working really hard to get back tours going again... so they can get back to normal and make us happy!
    The green books are also gone for now... and it might take a while to come back, if they do.. be Patient :))
    Have a lovely day.

• Options

Yes, it's too bad the company the Tauck used stopped providing that service. However, Rick Steves provides his own list though it is primarily Europe. All his guidebooks have a recommended reading and movie list. Plus you can find it on his website though it's a little tricky. You can either trust my link below, or google "rick steves reading list" and it should provide you the same link.

https://www.ricksteves.com/europe/books-movies

I find that his list is a nice balance between more scholarly suggestions as well as more popular choices. Things like watching the Eiger Sanction or On Her Majesty's Secret Service before going to Switzerland. But also has the excellent non-fiction reading choice of "Swiss Watching".